SpecWar vs. Emerson Handmade

New to Emersons, so I will be around asking a few questions.

If we are talking the same knife (Custom Super Roadhouse Chisel/zero grind) what is the difference between one with the SpecWar stamp/emblem vs. one with the Emerson Skull/Emerson Handmade stamp/emblem?

Same knife, just a different logo he was using on his Customs for a while. I'm not sure the exact time span the Skull logo was in use, as it's back to the Specwar logo now. Someone will chime in on that. I prefer the original Specwar logo myself, but I would not pass up a good deal on a Skull logo 6.

I had a Super Roadhouse Custom with the Spec War logo - in fact all three Customs have been that logo. IIRC, the Skull/Handmade was around 2014 - not sure the duration. I miss that SRH.

4wXDyyq.jpg

Ah, thanks.

Figured, go big or go home. It should be here Wednesday. Looking forward to it!

Just wanted to understand the difference between the makers marks. I think I like the skull/handmade better visually.

Last edited:
Ah, thanks.

Figured, go big or go home. It should be here Wednesday. Looking forward to it!

Just wanted to understand the difference between the makers marks. I think I like the skull/handmade better visually.
I MUCH prefer the Spec War logo - goes way back.

Bump !!
Just scored a NIB Specwar hard chrome stamped 2001 .
Can’t wait to get my hands on this little gem :thumbsup: Dragon teeth and all :D

Just got my Specwar from a great guy and forum member . Even gave me the original bill of sale . Box is perfection a long with the knife . It was described as new in the box and it absolutely was as it looked like it came straight from Emerson . All handling marks are from me :)
Wow this knife feels good in hand to and this my first with dragon teeth and I like it !!
aK5KBEF.jpg

c2ZYear.jpg

NICE! That is a fairly recent production. New G10, new pivot bolt, and I'm betting standoff's, correct? Several years ago Emerson stumbled upon 3 boxes of old unused Specwar blades, and some (the coolest one's IMHO) were hard chromed. Congrats on a very cool and unique Specwar. If I had know what they were like back then, I would have tried to get in on the unique run.

Here's a link with the info:
https://emersonknives.com/shop/knives/specwar-colored-handles/

Just got my Specwar from a great guy and forum member . Even gave me the original bill of sale . Box is perfection a long with the knife . It was described as new in the box and it absolutely was as it looked like it came straight from Emerson . All handling marks are from me :)
Wow this knife feels good in hand to and this my first with dragon teeth and I like it !!
aK5KBEF.jpg

c2ZYear.jpg

I almost pulled the trigger on that one. Good score! You got one hell of a deal in that!

NICE! That is a fairly recent production. New G10, new pivot bolt, and I'm betting standoff's, correct? Several years ago Emerson stumbled upon 3 boxes of old unused Specwar blades, and some (the coolest one's IMHO) were hard chromed. Congrats on a very cool and unique Specwar. If I had know what they were like back then, I would have tried to get in on the unique run.

Here's a link with the info:
https://emersonknives.com/shop/knives/specwar-colored-handles/
Thanks and yes it has the Standoffs .
That’s great info on the Specwar and thanks for the link . I actually ran across that on Emerson’s site when I was doing some research before I bought this one .
Beautiful Knife no doubt :thumbsup:

Thanks and yes it has the Standoffs .
That’s great info on the Specwar and thanks for the link . I actually ran across that on Emerson’s site when I was doing some research before I bought this one .
Beautiful Knife no doubt :thumbsup:
I have had in excess of 70 Emerson's, even some Customs. I have never owned a hard chromed one. Combined with a fairly uncommon model, and with a build time of well over 10 years, that my friend is a keeper IMHO. :cool:

I have had in excess of 70 Emerson's, even some Customs. I have never owned a hard chromed one. Combined with a fairly uncommon model, and with a build time of well over 10 years, that my friend is a keeper IMHO. :cool:
Thank you Sir and It will be a keeper no doubt and is my first Hard Chromed also although I haven’t had nearly as many Emerson’s as you :thumbsup: . But I just couldn’t leave the factory edge a lone . I probably should of just sharpened it at the factory angle but I wanted it sharper . It’s definitely sharp now :thumbsup:
On a side note this knife is really amazing.It feels as good as my Tiger in hand which is my all time favorite Emerson all around and reminds me of a old classic hot rod in the knife world :) . I really like that it’s non waved also so I can carry it in my side leg pocket which is my favorite carry position . I’ve tried it with my Tiger and other Emerson waved models and tore my pocket in half periodically lol . Mainly because the side leg pocket is to narrow .
ryJKmNf.jpg

Last edited:
Back