• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

*SOLD* 52100 Seaxman in Black Burlap Micarta

Robert Erickson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
The Seaxman cometh.
I've been wanting to do a Seax for a little while. This is what I came up with. It's 52100 carbon steel that I heat treated to RC60 with the spine and choil drawn back to the low 50's for better shock absorption and toughness. It has a generous fuller that has made it a little lighter. The handle material is black burlap micarta with red G10 liners. The sheath is a Teklok ready Kydex.

SPECS:
OAL: 7.5"
BLADE: 9.5" long, 2" wide. The blade is belt finished to 400 grit. The grind is convex down to 0.15" before sharpening. It has generous fullers
STEEL: 0.187" 52100 carbon steel heat treated to RC60 with the spine and choil spring tempered.
HANDLE: Black burlap micarta, red G10 liners and stainless steel pins and lanyard tube.
Sheath: Teklok ready Kydex
Price: $SOLD Shipped USPS in the CONUS
international buyers welcome, shipping extra.
Paypal, checks or money orders accepted.
Post "I'll take it" here in this thread and then PM or email me for arrangements.
Comments/Questions/Critiques welcome.
Thanks for looking!

aTs9hdYl.jpg

vtVtRLCl.jpg

O0slmo3l.jpg

pjwoerFl.jpg

N4uIhxRl.jpg

riE7nYZl.jpg

oSaH5opl.jpg

AH4fTcMl.jpg

Last edited:
Great design!
You can tell it’s an amazing cutter just by looking at it - that grind is lovely.

Really dig that design. It's different and in a good way! very nice work.:thumbsup:

You may want to correct your OAL measurement though - as you have it listed at 7.5", which seems to be an error.

Sorry for the lack of replies, I tried to change my email on here and got locked out for a few days.
This one is sold pending funds.
Thanks gentlemen!

As a seax lover I wanted to go back and say I really love the modern style handle, one thing I don’t like about a traditional seax is nothing to keep your hand from sliding forward, and if you’re being silly like me and slicing vegetables or something this keeps you from bashing your fingers.

Red

Back