Split wood fire with a sak

Yeah, yeah "never batton your folder". Well I do and I did.:rolleyes:
Just to test my skill/ability to get the job done if I had to.
It's a split wood and twig fire. Hope you like it.
[youtube]ok_HJ1KjDno[/youtube]

Thanks for watching,
Iz

Freakin awesome man.

Ive never batoned a folder before. Not cause Im worried, just never done it. Goes to show ya that these tools are sometimes better then some say.

Yeah, it can be done carefully. I don't get crazy with it for sure, kind of a last ditch sort of thing. I just like to practice with tools that I may have to use in a given situation.
Thanks, guys.
Iz

Definitely do able, but does make you miss a fixed blade. Doesn't it, Iz.

You know it, M.
It's the dog's life if you don't have a fixed blade. Just like it's the dog's life if you don't have an axe in winter. All do able but not fun.:D
Iz

Another great video. I may suck at wild edibles and knots, but they are much lower on my list. Building a fire in any condition is my #1 practiced skill. Thanks for teaching again, Iz.

Another great video. I may suck at wild edibles and knots, but they are much lower on my list. Building a fire in any condition is my #1 practiced skill. Thanks for teaching again, Iz.

For sure, brother. I agree, practicing getting a sustainable fire in all conditions and with all the tools you carry is an essential for me. Plus it's fun.:D

Iz great video.Never thought about batton with a folder.

Mike
Mike,
I wouldn't recommend it but it's handy to know how if you have to.
Don't blame me if you break your folder!:eek:;)

Iz

Man Iz, I was just about to email you and order 3 of your knives, but now you just showed me that my Vic Farmer can do more than just open my beer; I don't think I need anything else! You're the man! :thumbup:

:p:p

Seriously though, great video as usuall big guy:thumbup:

Man Iz, I was just about to email you and order 3 of your knives, but now you just showed me that my Vic Farmer can do more than just open my beer; I don't think I need anything else! You're the man! :thumbup:

:p:p

Seriously though, great video as usuall big guy:thumbup:

Lol. Well that didn't work out so well for me.:(;)

Thanks, brother.
Iz

Back