Off Topic Springtime is lovely for a stroll in the snark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing like taking a nice spring time walk with autumn leaves and a gun hand to collect dinner! With your more than a dozen Beckers on your belt, boot carry down your back and up your arms because you couldn't decide what one to take out for such a merry Spring Time hunt in the Autumn leaves!

That's HAWT!! ๐Ÿ˜
Thanks man, it is a sweet blade. Super comfortable in my hand. I noticed the spine was extra sharp. Should throw sparks like crazy.

Let us know how you like the 8670 steel?

I just got a camp knife from David Mary, here on the BF... It's 8670 too, but I haven't played with it yet, so idk how it will behave

2 Monts:

Didn't realize the scales were so dry on the Hunter. Oiled, and new photos:

Tornado watch until 1am, woo hoo. It was in the lower 50's earlier today, and now, even though it's the evening and dark out, it's 70ยฐ, and balmy feeling. I think the worst weather will be north of us.

Tornado watch until 1am, woo hoo. It was in the lower 50's earlier today, and now, even though it's the evening and dark out, it's 70ยฐ, and balmy feeling. I think the worst weather will be north of us.
Hopefully it will miss you. Ca is finely getting much needed rain and lots of it. Friday went to Cabin to turn my boat over for the winter :thumbsup::thumbsup: left early Saturday for home. Iโ€™m not a fan of high winds and trees otherwise I would have stayed. Hopefully Ca gets a good early snow season with lots of it .๐Ÿ˜Œ

We didn't get much at all. However, one of the towns near my cabin had a tornado. My cabin neighbor called me today, and said he checked on our cabins, and they made it unharmed.

Today is the start of my week off. Nine days of being a bum. Love it.

finishing up mine tomorrow -- I got home last night - washed bedding and a week's worth of dirty clothes, started unloading the truck, and fixed herself dinner before going to bed.
still a bit achy this morning, but we filled a pair of 20 yard rollaways clearing out Dad's house, got a bunch of keepsakes, tools, and camping gear (he worked at/for the Coleman factory in Wichita a lot over the years as an industrial electrician and as an employee)
it was 76 when i left home Sunday and 56 when I got to Wichita 2 hours later, rained all day Wednesday, was windy Thursday and Friday, had our first frost this morning and they're calling for flurries Tuesday and Wednesday.

I guess it's finally fall and I should switch the system over to heat.

finishing up mine tomorrow -- I got home last night - washed bedding and a week's worth of dirty clothes, started unloading the truck, and fixed herself dinner before going to bed.
still a bit achy this morning, but we filled a pair of 20 yard rollaways clearing out Dad's house, got a bunch of keepsakes, tools, and camping gear (he worked at/for the Coleman factory in Wichita a lot over the years as an industrial electrician and as an employee)
it was 76 when i left home Sunday and 56 when I got to Wichita 2 hours later, rained all day Wednesday, was windy Thursday and Friday, had our first frost this morning and they're calling for flurries Tuesday and Wednesday.

I guess it's finally fall and I should switch the system over to heat.
Been filling a 30 yarder since last weekend. Come home after work and work until it gets to dark. Gutting my 10โ€™x18โ€™ workshop off the back of the garage to build my wife a nice office. I get a 12x12 Traeger shed/ work shop out of the deal. Well I get to build a 12x12 shed lol

Nigh on 5 months on the roof (working solo), just finishing up with a caulking gun now. That, and the last detail, to reassemble/overhaul the woodstove chimney stack is all I got left.
(Pic from earlier in the process.)
KZuvK1i.jpg

I hope then to call for a final inspection. (fingers crossed) Everything else has been on hold... ๐Ÿคจ

Nigh on 5 months on the roof (working solo), just finishing up with a caulking gun now. That, and the last detail, to reassemble/overhaul the woodstove chimney stack is all I got left.
(Pic from earlier in the process.)
KZuvK1i.jpg

I hope then to call for a final inspection. (fingers crossed) Everything else has been on hold... ๐Ÿคจ
I wanna put a cast iron stove in ma shed. Itโ€™ll be detached from the house so no inspection. Iโ€™ll still build to code. I donโ€™t want mine ending up like Cheryls she shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back