Sprint Run Calypso Jr.

I just picked up a 2005 Calypso Jr sprint run. It's ZDP clad in 420J2 steel with burgundy FRN scales. Thanks afultz075 afultz075 by the way. Just wanted to throw out my first impressions.

First, I'm a huge Spyderco guy and think they produce the best knives in all the various price points on the market. That said, this is the oldest Spyderco I've owned and wow, I expected it to be a bit crude. The action and lock up to be a bit rough compared to today's offerings. I was totally wrong.

This knife is astonishing. The action is so smooth, it opens like glass. The bi directional FRN has a fantastic design and feels great in hand. While there is no jumping on the thumb ramp, it still feels incredibly secure in hand.

I haven't carried this knife yet, but I'm looking forward to using this as an EDC. I think this is going to be a permanent addition to the rotation.

Thanks for reading.

I'm glad you like it!

Honestly the only reason I got rid of it is because I had the tip-down only clip. If they would add the option for tip-up it would be one of my favorites.

Back