Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

ParaMilitary2 CPM-S35VN Black DLC Blade Earth Brown G-10 Moteng (USA) is in stock at some dealers.

spyderco-paramilitary-2-earth-brown-g10-black-dlc-s35vn-limited-c81gpbnbk2-31.jpg

spyderco-paramilitary-2-earth-brown-g10-black-dlc-s35vn-limited-c81gpbnbk2-32.jpg

spyderco-paramilitary-2-earth-brown-g10-black-dlc-s35vn-limited-c81gpbnbk2-33.jpg
Any reason why this is priced so high....is there a shortage in s35vn steel. I think this comes out as one of the most expensive exclusive releases? More dough than previous Rex45's and M4 models from dealers from what I have seen. Just bought a 20cv model on the exchange for the same price....I know I did not get a good deal.....but this price point on s35 made me pull the trigger and know that for whats available today I did get a deal :confused:

Last edited:
Any reason why this is priced so high....is there a shortage in s35vn steel. I think this comes out as one of the most expensive exclusive releases? More dough than previous Rex45's and M4 models from dealers from what I have seen. Just bought a 20cv model on the exchange for the same price....I know I did not get a good deal.....but this price point on s35 made me pull the trigger and know that for whats available today I did get a deal :confused:

Reason? Because no matter what, there will be people buying the knife. Again, this is fairly simple: if you like the knife and the price is fine to you, then pull the trigger. I dont think s35vn is in any way of shortage.

Reason? Because no matter what, there will be people buying the knife. Again, this is fairly simple: if you like the knife and the price is fine to you, then pull the trigger. I dont think s35vn is in any way of shortage.
I'm talking about Spyderco....they set the market. All dealers are selling for the same price (usually always 30-40% cheaper than factory pricing). Why is this knife the most expensive pm2 release out of all/maybe most better steel releases. Not complaining but it did convince me to pay 175 on a para 20cv that sold from dealer at 143 a month ago that has an upgraded steel...which makes me the the winner at an after market pricing hike purchase:eek:

Last edited:
Would love to see the chief and the lw para 2 in exclusive models, imagine a BBS or DLT m390/20cv para2 LW?! I also wonder what will happen with this new Endela, whether Spyderco is thinking about equipping the usual frn models with a new laminated steel and including this model in that lineup, or if they are gonna keep it at vg10. Anybody have a clue when the lw para 3 is set to release?

Frankly, I think this is the "secret" to their success.

Spyderco makes all kinds of knives that appeal to different kinds of people.

No one wants to buy ALL of them (I think RamZar posted that there were around 80+ new releases in 2018) but they tap different markets. They sell their knives to a wide array of people, just like Kershaw and CRKT do but, while Kershaw and CRKT, stick primarily to the lower end, Spyderco also hits the mid-market (where ZT is) and now also the upper end w/the Drunken, Subvert and Paysan (competing w/the likes of CRK).

This is actually a very smart multi-tiered marketing strategy that they probably paid some very high priced MBAs to come up with.

PS: I don't think that it is an intentional part of their marketing strategy but I also think that their early release teasers about upcoming products (and the delayed release dates for those products) also increases demand for those products, which almost always seem to sell out initially which of course increases demand even more for that item -- just look at the Smock and Drunken for examples of that.

They've certainly got me hooked, I've bought over 100 of their knives, both old and new, and I continue to buy more.

Well done, Sal! ;)

In 2018 Spyderco released 92 new Spyderco Knife Models. However, 56 of the 92 (61%) new models were Sprints/Exclusives of existing models which means only 36 were brand new designs/models.

Thanks, just ordered one. :)

Good choice, after handling one I am super impressed, between this and the Smock, Spyderco is hitting it out the park lately.

Edit: Also the Kapara. So good.

Last edited:
Reactions: AF
Mine has already shipped, I ordered it right after receiving the notice.

Just received my "your order has been shipped" notice. :)

Could have gotten it cheaper from Spyderco but the price difference just wasn't worth the wait.

Any updates on Province? Last I heard, Sal said they were making sheaths for them, but this was mid February.....

Frankly, I think this is the "secret" to their success.

Spyderco makes all kinds of knives that appeal to different kinds of people.

No one wants to buy ALL of them (I think RamZar posted that there were around 80+ new releases in 2018) but they tap different markets. They sell their knives to a wide array of people, just like Kershaw and CRKT do but, while Kershaw and CRKT, stick primarily to the lower end, Spyderco also hits the mid-market (where ZT is) and now also the upper end w/the Drunken, Subvert and Paysan (competing w/the likes of CRK).

This is actually a very smart multi-tiered marketing strategy that they probably paid some very high priced MBAs to come up with.

PS: I don't think that it is an intentional part of their marketing strategy but I also think that their early release teasers about upcoming products (and the delayed release dates for those products) also increases demand for those products, which almost always seem to sell out initially which of course increases demand even more for that item -- just look at the Smock and Drunken for examples of that.

They've certainly got me hooked, I've bought over 100 of their knives, both old and new, and I continue to buy more.

Well done, Sal! ;)

That may be true, but that strategy is wearing very thin on me. I've been a loyal spyderco user since I got my first police and copilot models about 30 years ago. Since then I've bought about 25 Spyderco's. I detest playing games and feeling like I've gotta scam to get a knife! I want to put my money down and receive the knife! The Smock interested me so I preordered and paid in full for it so long ago I think Nixon was in office. Still haven't received a thing even though people that didn't preordered have gotten them! Some individuals even have multiples! Have no idea when the next batch will hit dealers and no idea if I'll get one when they do. The whole deal has soured me on one of my favorite brands. Will never do that again.

Mike

That may be true, but that strategy is wearing very thin on me. I've been a loyal spyderco user since I got my first police and copilot models about 30 years ago. Since then I've bought about 25 Spyderco's. I detest playing games and feeling like I've gotta scam to get a knife! I want to put my money down and receive the knife! The Smock interested me so I preordered and paid in full for it so long ago I think Nixon was in office. Still haven't received a thing even though people that didn't preordered have gotten them! Some individuals even have multiples! Have no idea when the next batch will hit dealers and no idea if I'll get one when they do. The whole deal has soured me on one of my favorite brands. Will never do that again.

Mike

Yes, I agree the "preorder" system sucks.

I pre-ordered a Smock from BHQ. Fortunately, they only require a $5 deposit. Canceled the pre-order and bought it directly from Spyderco when it showed up in stock there. I'm an OpFocus member and don't have to pay full MSRP. Thought the $5 was non-refundable but I actually got refund from BHQ.

Vowed to NEVER place a pre-order again.

Didn't pre-order the Ikuchi. Kept looking on the Spyderco site for it to show up "in stock." Hasn't yet, even though they switched it from the "Reveal" to the "New" page and even though I've seen it for sale already on EB. Just bought it at DLT after getting the heads up about it's availability there and it's en route to me now. The extra $ I had to pay wasn't enough to bother me. However, the price difference was huge for the Drunken but fortunately it wasn't hard for me to get one of those directly from Spyderco; demand for it isn't that high.

Moral of the story is simply DO NOT pre-order any knife in order to keep your options open so that you can then order the knife at a source that actually has it in stock as soon as possible after it is released..

Last edited:
I signed up for notices at DLT trading and received a notice when they were in stock.

Good choice, after handling one I am super impressed, between this and the Smock, Spyderco is hitting it out the park lately.

Edit: Also the Kapara. So good.

Any chance you’ll be getting the Kapara back in stock anytime soon? :D

I pre-ordered a Smock from BHQ. Fortunately, they only require a $5 deposit. Canceled the pre-order and bought it directly from Spyderco when it showed up in stock there. I'm an OpFocus member and don't have to pay full MSRP. Thought the $5 was non-refundable but I actually got refund from BHQ.

Didn't pre-order the Ikuchi. Kept looking on the Spyderco site for it to show up "in stock." Hasn't yet, even though they switched it from the "Reveal" to the "New" page and even though I've seen it for sale already on EB. Just bought it at DLT after getting the heads up about it's availability there and it's en route to me now.

Moral of the story is simply DO NOT pre-order any knife in order to keep your options open so that you can then order the knife at a source that actually has it in stock as soon as possible after it is released as possible.
Yep. I won't preorder either. I don't know when it will come in, or where. Its important to make sure I have money in that account when they charge it. Besides I don't fell like them filling preorders and being second or third run before I get my shipment, I'd just assume wait until they are in stock first.

Didn't pre-order the Ikuchi. Kept looking on the Spyderco site for it to show up "in stock." Hasn't yet, even though they switched it from the "Reveal" to the "New" page and even though I've seen it for sale already on EB. Just bought it at DLT after getting the heads up about it's availability there and it's en route to me now. The extra $ I had to pay wasn't enough to bother me. However, the price difference was huge for the Drunken but fortunately it wasn't hard for me to get one of those directly from Spyderco; demand for it isn't that high.

Moral of the story is simply DO NOT pre-order any knife in order to keep your options open so that you can then order the knife at a source that actually has it in stock as soon as possible after it is released..

I completely agree. I'll probably never preorder again. That said I don't hold BHQ, or any of the other online retailers accountable. If they don't receive the product from spyderco they can't sell it and since they're a retailer I'm assuming they want to sell! I hold spyderco one of my favorite knife companies responsible.

Mike

Back