Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Para3 CTS-BD1N Black FRN is at some European dealers. I recall Sal saying they were dropping some models in Europe first. Anyway, it shouldn't be too long now for the U.S.

Last edited:
There is a proper time and place for everything. As far as the latter goes, after all, this IS the "Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming" thread, not the "Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered and Let's Guess What's Upcoming" thread. :)

As far as upcoming Spyderco Knife Models, I think it's best to keep this thread to what has been announced by Spyderco or Spyderco dealers/distributors in shows, newsletters, posts, websites, meets, etc. Personally, it could be too speculative otherwise.

Para3 CTS-BD1N Black FRN is at some European dealers. I recall Sal saying they were dropping some models in Europe first. Anyway, it shouldn't be too long now for the U.S.

Why don't they hit (get released) the US dealers first? It is a US company and its not like they couldn't all be released on one date anyway.

Why don't they hit (get released) the US dealers first? It is a US company and its not like they couldn't all be released on one date anyway.
Probably because Spyderco knows the American market is a sure thing on this release. The European market could be iffy due to laws. This way they will know how many knives to release to us (and hold in storage for the next release) based on good or bad sales to Europe. This is just a wild guess

I believe that they are shipping some to dealers this week.

Are you an employee of Spyderco?

edit: you're not. Honestly, unless you're in the shipping department at Spyderco, you don't know what is shipping out to whom and so comments like this are to the benefit of no one.

Last edited:
Im looking for a slicer... I want a kapara, but I see theyre out of stock everywhere. How long have these been out of stock for? Weeks? Months? Just wonderimg if I should hold out or get something else.... Looking at the Caribbean too. Love the steel and the geometry. I really only buy tai Chung spydercoss. Also whats up with the paysan? Ive never waited so long on a knife. Thoughts or info anyone on any of this?

Im looking for a slicer... I want a kapara, but I see theyre out of stock everywhere. How long have these been out of stock for? Weeks? Months? Just wonderimg if I should hold out or get something else.... Looking at the Caribbean too. Love the steel and the geometry. I really only buy tai Chung spydercoss. Also whats up with the paysan? Ive never waited so long on a knife. Thoughts or info anyone on any of this?

When I was at the Oregon Knife Show last weekend, the Spyderco rep I talked to said he didn't know when Kaparas would be back at dealers. He said "maybe" 6 months. :(

The Paysan however should be dropping pretty soon, from what I heard there. Fingers crossed!

When I was at the Oregon Knife Show last weekend, the Spyderco rep I talked to said he didn't know when Kaparas would be back at dealers. He said "maybe" 6 months. :(

The Paysan however should be dropping pretty soon, from what I heard there. Fingers crossed!
Well damn "maybe 6 months!" They better fast track that cuz people are hungry for these things.... That bein said thats good news about the paysan... Thats gonna be a really great knife. I find 6 months on those kapara hard to believe now that I think about it.... Although... what do I know

FWIW - The Para 3 LW did drop, as in for sale, and quickly sold out, yesterday on the Spyderco website. So... the 'belief' or 'info' was correct.

Thank you Eljay2 for keeping it exciting and interesting

u.w.

Hey, Boxer.45:
We used to ship to everyone in our distribution channel at the same time, and we received a lot of feedback from international customers who were frustrated with how long it took for new releases to hit in their country. The delays were primarily due to shipping times and customs delays. We worked with our international distributors, held meetings with them, and discussed the issues at length here for a few years. Ultimately, we decided to ship international distribution orders first and then domestic orders a few weeks later. We recently changed the time in between to two weeks. The process is still in discussions here, and we'll continue to refine the program to be able to serve our customers (you) in the best way possible.

Back