Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Added to the Upcoming list in post #1 from the Spyderco Reveal Catalog Volume One:

• Para3 CTS-BD1N Black FRN (USA)
  • Native5 LC200N Aluminum Rainbow Trout Abel Reels (USA)
  • Native5 LC200N Aluminum Brown Trout Abel Reels (USA)
  • Native5 LC200N Aluminum Bonefish Abel Reels (USA)
  • Endura4 VG-10 Wharncliffe PlainEdge Black FRN (Japan)
  • Endura4 VG-10 Wharncliffe SpyderEdge Black FRN (Japan)
  • Meerkat V-TOKU2/SUS410 Blue-Gray FRN Sprint (Japan)
  • Efficient 8Cr13MoV Black Blade PlainEdge Black G-10 (China)
  • Efficient 8Cr13MoV Black Blade ComboEdge Black G-10 (China)

The Abel Native 5’s look amazing; I bet they’re even more impressive in person.
I would love to be able to give a ranbow or brown to my Dad, who like many dads, taught me how to fish.

I’m not sure that’s realisticly going to happen....but maybe.
Incidentally, he was thrilled when I gave him a UKPK on his last birthday. Arthritis and grip strength are making lockbacks difficult for him.

Any official word about the release of the Ikuchi yet?

element@2x.png

I just saw it on Sypderco's Product Reveal Webpage along w/the knives mentioned in Post #22 above. Saw that it was also listed in Post #1 and that there have been prior discussions (per Google) about the knife on BF and the Spyderco Forum but apparently no word on a prospective release date yet.

It's definitely a knife that I'd want to buy along w/the Tropen and the Smock (whenever that knife is released too).

Last edited:
Just cancelled my $5 "pre-order" for the Tropen and ordered/paid for one on Spyderco's website, where it is now listed, because I can get it for less (even after losing the $5) than MAP pricing offered by other dealers w/my OpFocus discount. So, if I have to wait, at least now I'll be paying less for it. :)

Update 01/12/19:

Just got notice that my Tropen has been shipped via USPS and is in route from Colorado and should arrive in a few days.

Update 01/16/19:

Received the Tropen yesterday and I love it! :)

Last edited:
Sgt1372 I like the ikuchi too. I’ll be picking one up. Slicey Dicey just posted a rundown the new knives on his YouTube channel.

I'm looking forward to the Smock. DLT needs to update the spec sheet though, because the pocket clip is now left or right hand tip up. Smock and Spyderco changed it from the original right hand only clip sometime during the summer. The new configuration shows up on the pictures, so this could cause some confusion.

Last edited:
Added to the Upcoming list in post #1:

• Manix2 M390 Black DLC Blade Earth Brown G-10 Limited Run (USA)
  • Manix2 M390 Satin Blade Earth Brown G-10 Limited Run (USA)
  • Para3 CTS-BD1N SpyderEdge Black FRN (USA)
  • ParaMilitary2 CPM-S35VN Black DLC Blade Brown G-10 Moteng (USA)

Subvert is available at KnifeWorks

I love long bladed folders and I'd consider buying one if it wasn't ORANGE! Why orange, for chrisake? :thumbsdown:

I know there are those that LOVE the color but frankly I think they are in the minority and for a knife that sells at MAP for $300, I'd think they'd want to use a less polarizing color for the knife than that in order to promote further sales.

Oh well . . .

Last edited:
Back