Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Sorry, posted this msg in the wrong thread; moved it here to the "What Spyderco Are You Carrying Today" thread instead.

Last edited:
I've been carrying the Native Chief for the last couple of days since I received it.

I like it very much and consider it a meaningful addition to the Spyderco line, which stakes out a unique position w/in the similar group of 4" knives (give or take a fraction) that I also own that are pictured with it below.

From top to bottom they are the: 1) G10 Military, 2) Native Chief, 3) Gen 3 Police and 4) Resilience.

I'm actually liking the Native Chief better than the others for various reasons. It doesn't feel like you are holding a sword, as you do w/the Police 3 and Resilience; its thinner handle is more comfortable to hold and slip into my pocket than the Military and Resilience and the lack of a hump and the better visual balance between the blade/handle makes the knife generally more aesthetically appealing to me than the others.

With its thinner blade/handle, the Native Chief fits very as easily in my front pocket as the Police does but, at only 3.9oz, it weighs less than all of the other knives. The other thing that I like about the knife is the use of a polished wire clip, which helps to reduce weight but (more importantly to me) it avoids any concern about clip wear, which is one reason that I often avoid carrying Spyders w/black coated clips.

In any event, while I have questioned the merit of some other recent releases, I highly recommend that anyone who likes/collects larger folders (like I do) buy a Native Chief too. I don't think you'll regret it if you do. :)

MDtLvasl.jpg

Nice! Like the narrow width of the Native Chief.

For the longest time the Military was my favorite large Spyderco and my first one is from 2005 with a partially serrated blade which makes it very useful. Still works great.

I have also tried Police, Ulize and Pattada. Of the four (including Military) my favorite is the Pattada. It has a great contoured G-10 handle, narrow in width so easy on pocket space and quite a slicer. It has been discontinued so you should be able to pick one up fairly cheap.

In stock at some dealers now:

• Urban Lightweight AEB-L Coyote Brown FRN Sprint Run (Italy)
  • Dragonfly2 Emerson Opener VG-10 Dark Gray FRN (Japan)

c127pbn.1.jpg

c127pbn_1.jpg

c28pgyw2.1.jpg

c28pgyw2.jpg

So the dodo is going to be exclusive to Blade HQ? Any chance there are more versions being released?

I think they are releasing a standard version but Blade HQ will have an exclusive in natural G-10 and M4.
Awesome, I've been hoping for these to be back for a while now. I really hope they are able to swing a Dodo in titanium one of these days.

So the dodo is going to be exclusive to Blade HQ? Any chance there are more versions being released?

The original is long discontinued. Any more versions we see would be either dealer exclusives or sprints. Another BHQ Dodo with M4 and a DLC coating is fairly likely given BHQ's history of doing a satin version and a coated version of their Jade M4 exclusives.

Oops, my bad. I thought I heard Eric say that they were releasing the Blade HQ exclusive as well as other versions. I guess he meant limited releases.

Regarding the BladeHQ Dodo he had in hand, Eric said: "Might end up with another color who knows". So, thus far, nothing definite on any other production or exclusive Dodo beyond the BladeHQ one.

Spyderco Para 3 maxamet! 2 in stock at Spydercos website at this very moment. Not a sprint run but still rare for now and thought y’all should know.

Spyderco Para 3 maxamet! 2 in stock at Spydercos website at this very moment. Not a sprint run but still rare for now and thought y’all should know.

Para3 Maxamet Dark Grey G-10 is regular production and it was first released in March 2018.

BladeHQ has it in stock earlier today so perhaps other dealers are getting a few.

Para3 Maxamet Dark Grey G-10 is regular production and it was first released in March 2018.

BladeHQ has it in stock earlier today so perhaps other dealers are getting a few.
I hear you. Just haven’t seen many around lately. Like you said I’m sure that will change in the next few weeks.

I finally got a Smock!!!!!!!! Had one on pre order for over a year!! No it did not finally show up! They still can’t tell me when it’ll be in! I canceled! I got it from Steve at bladeswelove. Hopefully spyderco’s new “release when they’re ready” method works! The old “wait and see if it shows up” method was souring me on one of my favorite knife companies! Love the Smock btw!!

Back