Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Got my Bow River today. I’ll get some pictures up later. All in all a great deal for $33

ParaMilitary2 M390 Black DLC Blade Blue G-10 Bento Box Shop (USA) is in stock.

C81GBLBK2_L.jpg

Spyderco also sells their knives at 50% of MSRP to their OpFocus members - active/retired military and public safety personnel. I have the privilege of being one of the them.
Me, too, although I've not yet taken advantage of that program...I am considering the Advocate and might jump at that one...

Me, too, although I've not yet taken advantage of that program...I am considering the Advocate and might jump at that one...

It's on the big ticket items where it makes a greatest difference.

Picking up a Paysan for $400 instead of $520 MAP or a Drunken for $315 instead of $409.50 MAP (plus free shipping and no tax) are where the greatest benefits lie.

But even w/the Advocate, you'd still save $57.

Why does Spyderco almost always make their non sprints with S30V or VG10? Why won't they premier something like the Native Chief or Parata in M390 or S110V? It is done intentionally so retailers can profit off of sprints?

Why does Spyderco almost always make their non sprints with S30V or VG10? Why won't they premier something like the Native Chief or Parata in M390 or S110V? It is done intentionally so retailers can profit off of sprints?

I believe, for regular production/catalog models, Spyderco goes with mostly black handles and S30V/VG-10 to keep costs down and attract more sales (not everyone likes red scales :).

The costs are well known, as are the processes, so they can predict very accurately what their margin will be, thus pushing it narrower. They are adequate steels that do well under a range of uses, this way its the design doing the talking, not the steel. If a knife design also utilizes the steel for a specific attribute, like the salt series, then they go with that specific steel. Some of the sprints that have done really well then become more regular production, again once the risk has lowered. As for making choices so that retailers can profit, well, yeah, but that is business isn't it? The market makes demands, and companies respond to them.

Hi RamZar and bf fellows, is the spydiechef coming soon again? Just read it in a FBK group, will it be only CQI steel insert too? Thanks

Didn't DLT just have a sprint run m390 for about 160. Is there something I'm missing? Why is the Bento box m390 that much more? Thanks.

Mike

It appears bento box shop believes it is a sound business practice to price gouge their customers.
Probably simple market forces. I AM NOT DEFENDING THEM. But, I've never had any issues with them or their shipping, I don't ding them simply because they collect tax. That's kind of the law and stuff. Maybe they could price it $20-30 cheaper but they don't. Not really a big deal to me personally since I'm only after PM2s and everything else I'd get from more appropriate forum sponsors etc.

Probably simple market forces. I AM NOT DEFENDING THEM. But, I've never had any issues with them or their shipping, I don't ding them simply because they collect tax. That's kind of the law and stuff. Maybe they could price it $20-30 cheaper but they don't. Not really a big deal to me personally since I'm only after PM2s and everything else I'd get from more appropriate forum sponsors etc.
Tax isn’t an issue necessarily. I bought one 20cv DLC PM2 shipped priority for around $170 with tax. This knife in M390 DLC shipped priority costs $238 with tax. It is a little confusing as to why tax is charged in some cases and not in others but I’m no tax law expert. There’s a good profit going in the first dealers pocket or they wouldn’t be in business. There’s a great deal more profit going to the latter dealer (unless Spyderco is gouging them which I highly, highly (highly) doubt). Good for them I guess for being able to get that extra sales/profit...

$233.98 Out the Door for us CA residents with tax. I have ordered one, simply b/c I'm a collector.
$47.95 USD to ship to Canada, as well as duties to be paid on arrival makes that a "no thanks" for me. The blue/black definitely caught my eye tho.

Back