Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

All positive. Pretty sure that there are significantly more of these being sold. Hope things stay that way.
Now let's hope the other dealers especially St Nick's follow suit. Shouldn't be next to impossible to get a knife.

In stock at some dealers:

• Murray Carter Collection Itamae Series Bunka Bocho Super Blue/SUS410 Burl G-10 (Japan)
  • Murray Carter Collection Itamae Series Funayuki Super Blue/SUS410 Burl G-10 (Japan)
  • Murray Carter Collection Itamae Series Gyuto Super Blue/SUS410 Burl G-10 (Japan)
  • Murray Carter Collection Itamae Series Nakiri Super Blue/SUS410 Burl G-10 (Japan)
  • Murray Carter Collection Itamae Series Petty Super Blue/SUS410 Burl G-10 (Japan)

Wow thank you. My buddy has been HOUNDING me "When are the carter cutler coming? When? They're not coming are they?" etc. etc.. Just sent him a text THEY'RE HERE ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!?!

These are some beautiful but seriously expensive kitchen knives. Way out of my league.

Thank goodness I've got more kitchen knives that I need already. You could buy almost all of them for just 1 of the Spyderco Carter Collection blades. LOL!

:D:D:D
In stock at some dealers:

• Murray Carter Collection Itamae Series Bunka Bocho Super Blue/SUS410 Burl G-10 (Japan)
  • Murray Carter Collection Itamae Series Funayuki Super Blue/SUS410 Burl G-10 (Japan)
  • Murray Carter Collection Itamae Series Gyuto Super Blue/SUS410 Burl G-10 (Japan)
  • Murray Carter Collection Itamae Series Nakiri Super Blue/SUS410 Burl G-10 (Japan)
  • Murray Carter Collection Itamae Series Petty Super Blue/SUS410 Burl G-10 (Japan)

These are ridiculously expensive. I have spent $200+ for pocket knives but refuse to spend that much on kitchen knives.

At some dealers:

• Emphasis 8Cr13MoV PlainEdge Black G-10 (China)
  • Emphasis 8Cr13MoV ComboEdge Black G-10 (China)
  • Insistent 8Cr13MoV PlainEdge Black G-10 (China)
  • Insistent 8Cr13MoV ComboEdge Black G-10 (China)

:D:D:D

These are ridiculously expensive. I have spent $200+ for pocket knives but refuse to spend that much on kitchen knives.

I'm of the opposite mind. Although they are pretty spendy... With as much as I use my kitchen knives and the amount of steel needed to make these, I'm really not bothered all that much by the price. I have no problem dropping $150 - $200 on a regular basis for a pocket knife that will only see occasional pocket time considering how many knives I have... So why not drop $300 - $400 on a kitchen knife that will be used daily? I'll be grabbing one of the Super Blue Gyutos just as soon as they're in stock at my preferred dealer. Should pair well with my Kramer/Zwilling 7" Santoku. :D

I agree that cutlery is expensive. I can also understand the rationale that they will be used a lot. Too pricey for me though.

I don't think the Carter kitchen knives are priced outrageously. As said already, I will use a kitchen knife on any given weekend way more than I will use a pocket knife all week.

I'm of the opposite mind. Although they are pretty spendy... With as much as I use my kitchen knives and the amount of steel needed to make these, I'm really not bothered all that much by the price. I have no problem dropping $150 - $200 on a regular basis for a pocket knife that will only see occasional pocket time considering how many knives I have... So why not drop $300 - $400 on a kitchen knife that will be used daily? I'll be grabbing one of the Super Blue Gyutos just as soon as they're in stock at my preferred dealer. Should pair well with my Kramer/Zwilling 7" Santoku. :D

It’s because I don’t cook and carry a pocket knife everyday. Haha.

It’s because I don’t cook and carry a pocket knife everyday. Haha.

Yea, if you're not spending a lot of time in the kitchen, I could see how a $400 knife could seem completely insane, lol.

Just because I cook almost everyday does not mean I will drop $350 on a 7" kitchen knife without thinking. I am sure Carter is a good knife maker but with that kind of $$, I would look at mainly custom knives.

Just because I cook almost everyday does not mean I will drop $350 on a 7" kitchen knife without thinking. I am sure Carter is a good knife maker but with that kind of $$, I would look at mainly custom knives.

I've been on the hunt for just that actually and 9" - 10" blades kitchen knives with made with Super Blue and a good heat treat are nearly impossible to find. I did find a 242mm Gyuto in Super Gold 2 here on the forums for $710 + shipping... That's about the closest I can find.

Now if I could just find a paring knife in ZDP-189, Super Gold 2, or one of the harder REX steels.

I might consider one of those SB kitchen knives but for the fact that I am already set in the kitchen with custom knives from various makers--a paring, a boning, a fillet, a nakiri, & a chefs knife.

At some dealers:

• Emphasis 8Cr13MoV PlainEdge Black G-10 (China)
  • Emphasis 8Cr13MoV ComboEdge Black G-10 (China)
  • Insistent 8Cr13MoV PlainEdge Black G-10 (China)
  • Insistent 8Cr13MoV ComboEdge Black G-10 (China)

Just received the plain edged Emphasis.

Nice knife. Much larger than the Efficient (with which it is supposed to be related) than I thought it would be and (apart from the blade steel) it more closely resembles the Native Chief to me.

Will post pics of the 3 together when I have time later.

Probably going to sell the Waterway that I received w/the Emphasis. Nice knife too but I was planning to use it in the kitchen but, after comparing it w/my other kitchen knifes, have decided that I really don't need it. Sales thread pending.

Para3 K390 Ranger Green G-10 Bento Box Shop (USA) is in stock for $189.94 shipped.

Back