Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Congratulations to Spyderco for winning Best in Show & Best Kitchen Knife: Spyderco Bunka Bocho (Murray Carter collaboration) at the BLADE Show West 2019 in Portland.

spyderco-carter-itamae-bunka-bocho-super-blue-sus410-burl-g10-kitchen-knife-k18gpbnbk-31.jpg

spyderco-carter-itamae-bunka-bocho-super-blue-sus410-burl-g10-kitchen-knife-k18gpbnbk-32.jpg

I ran across this old photo today. This is a pic of one of the last Siren prototypes and is VERY close to the production piece...just with yellow liners instead of blue. Didn’t see a thread specifically for the Siren so I’ll leave it here. If anyone knows a more appropriate place then feel free to repost.

S0eSwAn.jpg

Is that as thinly ground as it looks from the small secondary bevel? Hope so. Great design.

I ran across this old photo today. This is a pic of one of the last Siren prototypes and is VERY close to the production piece...just with yellow liners instead of blue. Didn’t see a thread specifically for the Siren so I’ll leave it here. If anyone knows a more appropriate place then feel free to repost.

S0eSwAn.jpg
That thing looks awesome! Can't wait for it to drop!

S0eSwAn.jpg

Nice!

Do you know if the steel used for the back lock, screws and clip are also LC200N?

Last edited:
Nice!

Do you know if the steel used for the back lock, screws and clip are also LC200N?

I’m not sure but I’m not worried about it. I don’t believe the Seki Salts have H1 Lockbar and those pieces don’t corrode even under extreme conditions. I believe that those parts on the Siren will be made out of whatever they use on the Native Salt and it has proven itself (in my use) to be every bit as corrosion proof as the Seki models. There aren’t many rust proof steels for knife blades but once you take away the edge holding requirements there are many options for extremely corrosion resistant stainless steels suitable for lockbars and hardware. Whatever they did with the Native will make the Siren a true Salt.

I’m not sure but I’m not worried about it. I don’t believe the Seki Salts have H1 Lockbar and those pieces don’t corrode even under extreme conditions. I believe that those parts on the Siren will be made out of whatever they use on the Native Salt and it has proven itself (in my use) to be every bit as corrosion proof as the Seki models. There aren’t many rust proof steels for knife blades but once you take away the edge holding requirements there are many options for extremely corrosion resistant stainless steels suitable for lockbars and hardware. Whatever they did with the Native will make the Siren a true Salt.

Good points. Thanks.

Last edited:
Super stoked about the Chaparral with G10. When will it be released?

Chaparral CTS-XHP Sun/Moon with White/Black G-10 (Taiwan) may not make it this year since it wasn't announced in the Spyderco Reveal #3 on September 16, 2019.

These were announced in Reveal #2 (5.2.2019) & #3 (9.16.2019) and have yet to be released (hopefully this year):

• Para3 Lightweight CTS-BD1N Black DLC Blade Black FRN (USA)
  • Siren LC200N Black G-10 (USA)
  • Stretch2 Straight Spine VG-10 Ivory FRN Sprint (Japan)
  • Sage5 CPM-S30V Black FRN (Taiwan)
  • Counter Puppy 7Cr17 PlainEdge Blue Plastic (China)
  • Counter Puppy 7Cr17 SpyderEdge Blue Plastic (China)
  • Counter Puppy 7Cr17 PlainEdge Purple Plastic (China)
  • Counter Puppy 7Cr17 SpyderEdge Purple Plastic (China)
  • Tenacious Lightweight 8Cr13MoV PlainEdge Black FRN (China)
  • Tenacious Lightweight 8Cr13MoV CombinationEdge Black FRN (China)
  • Tenacious Lightweight 8Cr13MoV SpyderEdge Black FRN (China)

Last edited:
Chaparral CTS-XHP Sun/Moon with White/Black G-10 (Taiwan) may not make it this year since it wasn't announced in the Spyderco Reveal #3 on September 16, 2019.

These were announced in Reveal #2 (5.2.2019) & #3 (9.16.2019) and have yet to be released (hopefully this year):

• Para3 Lightweight CTS-BD1N Black DLC Blade Black FRN (USA)
  • Siren LC200N Black G-10 (USA)
  • Stretch2 Straight Spine VG-10 Ivory FRN Sprint (Japan)
  • Sage5 CPM-S30V Black FRN (Taiwan)
  • Counter Puppy 7Cr17 PlainEdge Blue Plastic (China)
  • Counter Puppy 7Cr17 SpyderEdge Blue Plastic (China)
  • Counter Puppy 7Cr17 PlainEdge Purple Plastic (China)
  • Counter Puppy 7Cr17 SpyderEdge Purple Plastic (China)
  • Tenacious Lightweight 8Cr13MoV PlainEdge Black FRN (China)
  • Tenacious Lightweight 8Cr13MoV CombinationEdge Black FRN (China)
  • Tenacious Lightweight 8Cr13MoV SpyderEdge Black FRN (China)

It is ok no matter it is released this year or the next. I just hope this one is fixed in their plan.

Delica4 VG-10 Glow-In-The-Dark FRN Sportsman's Supply/Moteng (Japan) is/was in stock at some dealers.

SP11FPGITDb.jpg

Just saw a 20CV with lime green G10 PM2 dealer exclusive (KnifeJoy) announced.

Last edited:
Back