Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Wow! $495 for a Native 5 w/a 3" LC200N blade and anodized fish scale graphics? Hmm???

Well, I'm glad I don't like fishing but it certainly would make a great gift for that special fisherman in your life. ;)
Those are beautiful but I wouldn't want to drop that in the water... otherwise I'd be going for a dive.

All 13 new Spyderco knife models delivered in 2019 by month (6 of 13 or 46% are Sprint Runs or Exclusives):

1. JAN 2019: 4
  2. FEB 2019: 9

Native5 CPM-M4 Black DLC Blade Natural G-10 BladeHQ is in stock.

Spyderco-M4-Native-5-LB-Natural-G-10-Black-C41GM4PBK5-BHQ-88442-jr-2.jpg

Spyderco-M4-Native-5-LB-Natural-G-10-Black-C41GM4PBK5-BHQ-88442-jr-spine-2.jpg

Spyderco-M4-Native-5-LB-Natural-G-10-Black-C41GM4PBK5-BHQ-88442-jr-side-2.jpg

I live in Australia. 10am mountain time (the time this knife went live) is actually 3am over here. I debated whether I just get up early - surely there'll still be some in stock - but because I LOVE the Native 5, I decided not to risk it. Set the alarm for 3am, bought my knife, went back to bed. Felt like crap the next day...

But when I did get up, I checked the BHQ site...

And they were already all sold out.

YAY ME!!!

At some dealers now:

• Respect CPM-154 Black G-10 (USA)
  • WaterWay LC200N Black G-10 (USA)

fb44gp.jpg

fb43gp.jpg

fb43gp.1.jpg

Man I am not sure how I feel about the Respect now. The big bolts and what looks like not super contoured G10 handles. Would look better with nitrided bolts IMHO.

Man I am not sure how I feel about the Respect now. The big bolts and what looks like not super contoured G10 handles. Would look better with nitrided bolts IMHO.
The Respect would look great with some aftermarket handle action, for sure! I saw a YT vid earlier today and Eric Glesser said they wanted to make the screws easy to take out, maybe in large part for customizing (my guess). About 17:45...

Last edited:

The contouring is a little bit unappealing to me personally, too. I like the look of full tang with handles slabbed onto the sides. Of course if it's not full tang, I can understand Sal's limitations there.

The Respect would look great with some aftermarket handle action, for sure! I saw a YT vid earlier today and Eric Glesser said they wanted to make the screws easy to take out, maybe in large part for customizing (my guess). About 17:45...

Yeah, but it looks like rehandling may take a bit more skill than on, say, a Mule Team or even Ankerson's Bowie...Respect looks like handles maybe would require some internal milling...o_O

Anyone broke down their Respect yet so we can see the innards?

What's the thinking about the 1-2" of exposed tang beyond the blade and before the guard? Just looks odd and like a potential weak point to me.

What's the thinking about the 1-2" of exposed tang beyond the blade and before the guard? Just looks odd and like a potential weak point to me.

This is one of my favorite features of the design. It serves as a choil for placing your forefinger above the guard, when brandishing your knoif! :cool:

You know what would be cool? A smaller Waterway (like 3.5") folder, probably a flipper! Flipper, LC200N, FRN scales, liner or comp lock, ceramic bearings?

Back