Spyderco 2020 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

It was gone within minutes of your post. Hopefully just a mini or test batch before the real deal next week.
Yes, mdggifts had them earlier in the day so I think they are being released slowly rather than all at once. I would encourage folks to not pay $175 for one in the exchange if getting them from a dealer is just a matter of timing because they are still being sold. Of course, each to his/her own I guess.

Reactions: KP
Yes, mdggifts had them earlier in the day so I think they are being released slowly rather than all at once. I would encourage folks to not pay $175 for one in the exchange if getting them from a dealer is just a matter of timing because they are still being sold. Of course, each to his/her own I guess.

Yes! Please stop the douche bag flippers. Gauging is a crime in many parts of the country.

I think between the green and orange and orange and blue it's quite clear, someone at CS is Gator fan...

gators.png

If anyone is wondering... my Rex-45 Para 3 with two-tone G10 from CS used blue thread lock and nothing fought me during the scale swap.

Surely you must’ve used the old “melt your scales down with a torch” trick to get the clip off.

No heat was needed. Not one screw fought me. It wasn't even hard to remove the scales from the lanyard tube... On each side, I simply slid a butter knife between the scale and the metal liner and then pulled the butter knife towards the lanyard tube until the scale popped loose.

Overall every step of the process was easy.

Meanwhile, my 20CV Smock was somehow already delivered today.

This was an accidental/impulsive purchase... sometimes the Add To Cart button overwhelms me.

Within 5 minutes of being out of the box, it drops shut. Blade centering seems to be perfect. The 2nd detent does not prevent wrist flicking

I was concerned about the small Spydie hole and how deep in the handle it sits while closed. Despite that, I can flick it open with my thumb, index finger, middle finger, ring finger, and pinky finger. I can roll it open with my thumb and index finger, it does the Spydie drop like a champ, and I can reliably operate the flipper tab with my thumb, index finger, and my middle finger.

So far all finger flicking maneuvers while the knife is upside down in my hand have been unsuccessful but doesn't seem to be impossible. Edit: 10 minutes later I got the upside down pinky dialed in.

After reducing the box it came in into tiny bits, some of the ergonomics on the knife made more sense.

So far I'm pretty happy with it.

20200330_135706.jpg 20200330_135858.jpg

Last edited:
Para3 CPM-Rex45 Orange & Blue G-10 C223GPORBL Cutlery Shoppe (USA) is/was in stock.

C223GPORBL__36495.1585255989.png

Native5 Lightweight CPM-REX45 Burnt Orange FRN C41PBORE Sprint Run (USA) is/was in stock at some dealers.

spyderco-native-5-lightweight-sprint-burnt-orange-frn-cpm-rex-45-c41pbore5-31.jpg

spyderco-native-5-lightweight-sprint-burnt-orange-frn-cpm-rex-45-c41pbore5-32.jpg

spyderco-native-5-lightweight-sprint-burnt-orange-frn-cpm-rex-45-c41pbore5-33.jpg

Of the 8 Spyderco CPM-REX45 Sprint Runs in Reveal #4 (January 15, 2020) currently 4 have been Delivered and 4 are Upcoming:

Delivered (for some more in the pipeline):
  1. Manix2 CPM-REX45 Burnt Orange G-10 C101GPBORE2 Sprint Run (USA) - FEB 2020
  2. Native5 CPM-REX45 Burnt Orange G-10 C41GPBORE Sprint Run (USA) - MAR 2020
  3. Para3 Lightweight CPM-REX45 Burnt Orange FRN C223PBORE Sprint Run (USA) - MAR 2020
  4. Native5 Lightweight CPM-REX45 Burnt Orange FRN C41PBORE Sprint Run (USA) - MAR 2020

Upcoming:
  1. Lil' Native CPM-REX45 Burnt Orange G-10 C230GPBORE Sprint Run (USA)
  2. Manix2 Lightweight CPM-REX45 FRCP C101PBORE2 Sprint Run (USA)
  3. Native Chief CPM-REX45 Burnt Orange G-10 C244GPBORE Sprint Run (USA)
  4. Shaman CPM-REX45 Burnt Orange G-10 C229GPBORE Sprint Run (USA)

Last edited:
Does it mean only 150 made or only 150 for preorder (the rest would be first come first serve)?

Back