Spyderco 2020 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Currently, at least these are scheduled to be at dealers in April 2020:

• LadyBug3 K390 Blue FRN LFP3K390 (Japan) - APR 2020
  • Siren LC200N Black G-10 C247GP (USA)
  • Manix2 CPM-4V Black DLC Blade Red G-10 C101GPRDBK2 St. Nick's Knives (USA)
  • Para3 CTS-204P Forest Green G-10 C223GPGR KnifeWorks (USA)

Remaining upcoming from the 2020 Spyderco Reveal Volume 4 (January 15, 2020):

1. Lil' Native REX-45 Burnt Orange G-10 C230GPBORE Sprint Run (USA)
  2. Manix2 Lightweight CPM-SPY27 Cobalt Blue FRN C101PCBL2 (USA)
  3. Manix2 Lightweight REX-45 FRCP G-10 C101PBORE2 Sprint Run (USA)
  4. Native5 Lightweight CPM-SPY27 Cobalt Blue FRN C41PCBL2 (USA)
  5. Native Chief CPM-REX45 Burnt Orange G-10 C244GPBORE Sprint Run (USA)
  6. Para3 CPM-S45VN Forest Green G-10 (Diamond Arc Pattern) C81GPFGR2 Sprint Run (USA)
  7. Para3 Lightweight CPM-SPY27 Cobalt Blue FRN C223PCBL (USA)
  8. ParaMilitary2 CPM-S45VN Forest Green G-10 (Diamond Arc Pattern) C81GPFGR2 Sprint Run (USA)
  9. Shaman REX-45 Burnt Orange G-10 C229GPBORE Sprint Run (USA)
  10. Endela Emerson Opener VG-10 Black FRN C243PGYW (Japan)
  11. Bombshell CPM-20CV OD Green G-10 C250GTIP Flash Batch (Taiwan)
  12. Chaparral Sun & Moon CTS-XHP White G-10 (Red G-10 Inlay) & Black G-10 (Mother-of-Pearl Inlay) C152GSMP (Taiwan)
  13. Nightstick CPM-S30V Black G-10 Boltaron Sheath FB47GP (Taiwan)
  14. Watu CPM-20CV CF/G-10 Laminate C251CFP (Taiwan)
  15. Astute 8Cr13MoV Black G-10 C252GP (China)

Siren LC200N Black G-10 C247GP (USA) is/was in stock at some dealers.

It's now 206 days since the Siren was announced in Reveal #3 on September 16, 2019.

247GP.4__56121.1586448372.jpg

247GP.3__76405.1586448372.jpg

247GP.1__96676.1586448372.jpg

247GP.6__59914.1586448372.jpg

247GP__15080.1586448372.jpg

247GP.5__61491.1586448372.jpg

So, my son pre-ordered a Siren for me at KC back in January. Some time after that, I learned that KC often accepts more pre-orders than knives they actually have coming in, and that guys/gals on the forums who didn't know that previously often miss the first batch of knives because there is no way of knowing how far down the pre-order list they actually are. Some even suggested cancelling the KC pre-order and purchasing from one of the other dealers as soon as the first batch came into stock, because they had failed to do so in the past and had to wait a long time until KC actually shipped their order.

Well, it happened to me yesterday. The Sirens came into stock at dealers and I held off because I wanted to see if KC was going to ship mine. I emailed them, but hadn't received a response, so I called them. I spoke with a nice young lady on the phone and learned that my order had not shipped with their first batch of knives and they were now in pre-order status again. I asked if she could tell me how far down the list my order was, and she told me she didn't have an exact count, but that they were "working on orders from September of 2019". Geez!

Of course, all of the dealers who had them to "add to cart" yesterday are back in pre-order status today. It's been 208 days since the Siren was announced during the Spyderco reveal and the knives have just begun "trickling in". Looks like I have a while to wait. I would love to hear from somebody at Spyderco what the exact reason it is taking so long to bring this particular knife to market might be. I love the idea that it is LC200N and really hope that other parts of the knife aren't causing issues. The delay was happening way before the Corona virus scare hit, and we've only heard vague comments from Sal's son and from one of their workers on another forum.

BTW, I have pre-ordered knives from other dealers before and really don't like how KC has a rolling pre-order list. I've always received my knife when the others who have pre-ordered received theirs. Small worries in the times we are in, but I wouldn't pre-order there again.

Last edited:
I hope the same hasn't happened to me at KC with the K390 Ladybug. According to Spyderco's app, it has shipped to dealers. I've been expecting an email from KC confirming my purchase, instead I got one that reconfirmed my back order. I have not emailed them yet.

Manix2 CPM-4V Black DLC Blade Red G-10 C101GPRDBK2 St. Nick's Knives (USA) was in stock.

MANIX2-4V-1_1024x1024.jpg

MANIX2-4V-2_1024x1024.jpg

Congrats to everyone else who got one as well.

I got on it as soon as the website showed them available, 478 available at that time, they sold out before I could get my credit card information entered.

One more on that list that I would be really interested in...

Good job St Nicks on another successful exclusive, The website/server handled the increased traffic with ease. They let it be known, That these were ordered at the same time as the other Red G10 4V models, Hence the small total available! Unfortunately people are still going to gripe and complain about not getting in on the drop. :rolleyes:

I want to thank these smaller vendors like St Nicks, Rivers Edge, KnifeJoy, Etc for coming up with unique expressions of popular knives. I haven't been able to score on every exclusive I tried to aquire, But it's just a knife and there's always more in the pipeline. :)

So, my son pre-ordered a Siren for me at KC back in January. Some time after that, I learned that KC often accepts more pre-orders than knives they actually have coming in, and that guys/gals on the forums who didn't know that previously often miss the first batch of knives because there is no way of knowing how far down the pre-order list they actually are. Some even suggested cancelling the KC pre-order and purchasing from one of the other dealers as soon as the first batch came into stock, because they had failed to do so in the past and had to wait a long time until KC actually shipped their order.

Well, it happened to me yesterday. The Sirens came into stock at dealers and I held off because I wanted to see if KC was going to ship mine. I emailed them, but hadn't received a response, so I called them. I spoke with a nice young lady on the phone and learned that my order had not shipped with their first batch of knives and they were now in pre-order status again. I asked if she could tell me how far down the list my order was, and she told me she didn't have an exact count, but that they were "working on orders from September of 2019". Geez!

Of course, all of the dealers who had them to "add to cart" yesterday are back in pre-order status today. It's been 208 days since the Siren was announced during the Spyderco reveal and the knives have just begun "trickling in". Looks like I have a while to wait. I would love to hear from somebody at Spyderco what the exact reason it is taking so long to bring this particular knife to market might be. I love the idea that it is LC200N and really hope that other parts of the knife aren't causing issues. The delay was happening way before the Corona virus scare hit, and we've only heard vague comments from Sal's son and from one of their workers on another forum.

BTW, I have pre-ordered knives from other dealers before and really don't like how KC has a rolling pre-order list. I've always received my knife when the others who have pre-ordered received theirs. Small worries in the times we are in, but I wouldn't pre-order there again.

I never pre-order a knife anymore because of a similar experience.

If it's not in stock and ready to ship, I can wait. Supply will eventually exceed demand; just don't wait TOO long before they go out of stock (which I have done as well).

I want to buy a Siren but the cheapest price available to me as an OpFocus member is direct from Spyderco and they're still not showing it available there. I also want to buy a black Yojimbo which has gone in and out of stock at Spyderco but I can wait.

I've got too many knives already. LOL! ;)

Siren is a regular production item and as such there will be plenty available in the coming few weeks.

Personally, for regular production items I would not preorder and KnifeCenter's preorder is notorious for overbooking.

When Spyderco releases new items you first see them at the Spyderco Factory Outlet (SFO) store followed by Collectors Club and then dealers. Initially, dealers get only a handful so that all dealers get some and then Spyderco starts sending whatever remainder the dealer ordered and that takes a couple of weeks after the initial release.

Siren was announced in Reveal 3 on September 16, 2019 and like all Reveals it's supposed to be released within 90-120 days thereafter. Unfortunately, for unexplained reasons Siren took a whopping 206 days to be released. That's the exception not the rule.

I realize it is the exception to the rule. That is why I think Spyderco should tell us what held up production and delivery of THIS knife. I think Sal, Eric and the rest of the Spyderco company are stand-up people and they show it in so many ways. Not trying to knock them in ANY way, just curious as to what held up the Siren. I'm sure it involved them getting it right before they released it, which I again appreciate. This is going to be an awesome knife (design, materials, Spyderco brand, and the fact that my son in the Air Force pre-ordered it for me). I'm retired law enforcement, and even like that it has a thin blue line motif designed in to it! 207 days and counting...

Generally this is true but things can happen... when is the last time you saw a PM2 in Maxamet?

That’s purely the availability, yield and heat-treat of Maxamet blade steel for all affected models.

I realize it is the exception to the rule. That is why I think Spyderco should tell us what held up production and delivery of THIS knife. I think Sal, Eric and the rest of the Spyderco company are stand-up people and they show it in so many ways. Not trying to knock them in ANY way, just curious as to what held up the Siren. I'm sure it involved them getting it right before they released it, which I again appreciate. This is going to be an awesome knife (design, materials, Spyderco brand, and the fact that my son in the Air Force pre-ordered it for me). I'm retired law enforcement, and even like that it has a thin blue line motif designed in to it! 207 days and counting...

I’m guessing that the Siren is more than just LC200N since Spyderco has it in so many knives now. Siren is U.S. sourced and built so no excuse in shipping parts to foreign factories. Could it be the layered G-10 with very coarse G-10? Could it be more testing and changing of steel hardware to make them more corrosion resistant? Who knows. Almost 7 months from announcement to dealers is much longer than most Reveals so it makes you wonder.

Back