Spyderco 2020 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

I know this is just one person's voice but I really prefer this thread to be for information of upcoming Spydercos. There are other threads in this subforum for showcasing your new purchases of Spyderco knives.

What I’ve been doing lately is paying attention to who posts in this thread. That lets me know if the post is informational or just someone that thinks this is another post your recent knife pic thread. It’s really not difficult to know who’s posting just pics.

Wow those look really slick. What dealer offers that? Is it true damascus?
Not sure on the distributor. Saw them on St. Nick's instagram for pre order. They said vg10, don't know if it is all vg10 or has a different laminate.
Sportsman Supply Moteng is the distributor for the gray/black damascus knives as well. As for the damascus they are using, the Japan made Spyderco's tend to use what's called d.p.s. 15.
It's vg-10 core, then has 15 layers of damascus (not sure what the outer steel is for sure) around it. So 15 layers on one side, vg-10 in the middle(edge/core) 15 layers on the other side.

Don't think these have been mentioned yet? if so sorry for the dupe.

distributer exclusive gray/black zome/damascus Endura & Delica

qr8KGma.png

hTL5ff0.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/knifeclub/...lica/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Shouldve gone with the gitd zome...

Coming Soon to Dealers:

• Delica4 Lightweight Damascus Gray-Black Zome FRN C11ZPGYD Sportsman's Supply/Moteng (Japan) - OCT 2020
  • Endura4 Lightweight Damascus Gray-Black Zome FRN C10ZPGYD Sportsman's Supply/Moteng (Japan) - OCT 2020
  • Pacific Salt2 LC200N PlainEdge Green FRN C91FPGR2 (Japan) - OCT 2020
  • Pacific Salt2 LC200N SpyderEdge Green FRN C91FSGR2 (Japan) - OCT 2020

Last edited:
Longtime lurker, this thread is awesome, and regarding the Native5 Lightweight CPM-SPY27 Cobalt Blue FRN C41PCBL5 (USA) - I just ordered mine from St. Nick's.

Sportsman Supply Moteng is the distributor for the gray/black damascus knives as well. As for the damascus they are using, the Japan made Spyderco's tend to use what's called d.p.s. 15.
It's vg-10 core, then has 15 layers of damascus (not sure what the outer steel is for sure) around it. So 15 layers on one side, vg-10 in the middle(edge/core) 15 layers on the other side.

Half of the cladding layers aren't steel.

http://www.spydiewiki.com/index.php?title=D.P.S._15_Damascus This wiki says D.P.S. 15 is a hard, martensitic stainless layered with an 'anticorrosion nonferrous metal'. According to https://www.bladegallery.com/shopexd.asp?id=94427 that metal is nickel (not nickel steel, just nickel) and it further states that nickel is used because the nickel layers keep the carbon in the stainless from migrating through the bands of cladding, which would otherwise occur within seconds at forging temperature. Apparently helps the final etch really 'pop'.

The fact that everyone keeps their mouth shut about what the stainless component actually is, suggests it isn't a steel that's usually used in knives, and none of the other Takefu grades of stainless steel sound like the material that's layering with the nickel in DPS 15 cladding either. Probably a no name inexpensive stainless - which can do just fine for cladding steel, so it's not like I'm suggesting Spyderco or Takefu are being shady by not naming it. They just know how and when to put their best foot forward.

Half of the cladding layers aren't steel.

http://www.spydiewiki.com/index.php?title=D.P.S._15_Damascus This wiki says D.P.S. 15 is a hard, martensitic stainless layered with an 'anticorrosion nonferrous metal'. According to https://www.bladegallery.com/shopexd.asp?id=94427 that metal is nickel (not nickel steel, just nickel) and it further states that nickel is used because the nickel layers keep the carbon in the stainless from migrating through the bands of cladding, which would otherwise occur within seconds at forging temperature. Apparently helps the final etch really 'pop'.

The fact that everyone keeps their mouth shut about what the stainless component actually is, suggests it isn't a steel that's usually used in knives, and none of the other Takefu grades of stainless steel sound like the material that's layering with the nickel in DPS 15 cladding either. Probably a no name inexpensive stainless - which can do just fine for cladding steel, so it's not like I'm suggesting Spyderco or Takefu are being shady by not naming it. They just know how and when to put their best foot forward.
What steel is in the cladding doesn’t really matter if it’s a “knife” steel since it’s only a cladding and doesn’t extend to the edge. Only the VG-10 core is the edge. The cladding(s) put on the outside of steels like HAP40, SuperBlue, or V-Toku2 on Spyderco knives isn’t “knife” steel either but doesn’t matter as it doesn’t go to the edge.

What steel is in the cladding doesn’t really matter if it’s a “knife” steel since it’s only a cladding and doesn’t extend to the edge. Only the VG-10 core is the edge. The cladding(s) put on the outside of steels like HAP40, SuperBlue, or V-Toku2 on Spyderco knives isn’t “knife” steel either but doesn’t matter as it doesn’t go to the edge.

Yes.

You know this, as it happens I also know it -- as do the people who wrote the ad copy at Spyderco. But no one's particularly interested in bringing it all up at the same time they're trying to sell a production knife made of D.P.S. 15 because "using nickel and inexpensive stainless for laminated cladding is just fine with a core made of proper cutting steel" still sounds like an excuse to a lot of people even though the rest of us understand it to be true. It's a bit unavoidable considering that prospective customers see the knives not just as knives, but as deals, and deals are like politics: every time you have to explain something, you're going to lose some people. So Spyderco says 'hard martensitic stainless steel' and 'anticorrosive nonferrous metal' and otherwise avoids having to ask less knowledgeable people to take something on faith at the same time they sell them a knife - as that has a way of dissuading potential buyers who would otherwise be happy to eventually buy the knife.

These are/were in stock at some dealers:

• Delica4 Lightweight Damascus Gray-Black Zome FRN C11ZPGYD Sportsman's Supply/Moteng (Japan) - OCT 2020
  • Endura4 Lightweight Damascus Gray-Black Zome FRN C10ZPGYD Sportsman's Supply/Moteng (Japan) - OCT 2020
  • Pacific Salt2 LC200N PlainEdge Green FRN C91FPGR2 (Japan) - OCT 2020
  • Pacific Salt2 LC200N SpyderEdge Green FRN C91FSGR2 (Japan) - OCT 2020

c11zpgyd_1.jpg

c11zpgyd_2_.jpg

c11zpgyd_3_.jpg

c10zpgyd.jpg

c10zpgyd_2_.jpg

c10zpgyd_3_.jpg

c91fpgr.jpg

c91fpgr_2_.jpg

c91fsgr2_1.jpg

c91fsgr2_2_.jpg

Is the K390 Endura vaporware at this point?

A whole bunch in 2020 Spyderco Reveal Volume 5 (May 5, 2020) are late due to the pandemic and it’s now 166 days since that announcement:

1. Lil’ Native CPM-S90V Carbon Fiber C230CF90VP Sprint Run (USA)
  2. Mule Team CPM-SPY27 MT28P (USA)
  3. Native Chief CPM-S90V Carbon Fiber C244CF90VP Sprint Run (USA)
  4. Shaman Z-Wear PM Brown Canvas Micarta C229MPZW Sprint Run (USA)
  5. Swick5 Large PlainEdge LC200N Black G-10 Boltaron Sheath FB14P5 (USA)
  6. Swick5 Large SpyderEdge LC200N Black G-10 Boltaron Sheath FB14S5 (USA)
  7. Swick6 Small PlainEdge LC200N Black G-10 Boltaron Sheath FB14P6 (USA)
  8. Swick6 Small SpyderEdge LC200N Black G-10 Boltaron Sheath FB14S6 (USA)
  9. Endura4 Lightweight K390 Blue FRN C10FPK390 (Japan)
  10. Pochi CPM-S45VN Titanium C256TIP (Taiwan)

Last edited:
Thanks RamZar RamZar ... I gave my Endura to a friend early summer thinking this would be out soonish. Been without for a while and it was a constant carry. Need one soon!

Thanks RamZar RamZar ... I gave my Endura to a friend early summer thinking this would be out soonish. Been without for a while and it was a constant carry. Need one soon!

The new Spyderco Pacific Salt2 FFG LC200N (Plain or Spyder Edge) Green FRN Lightweight Folder is about the same size as the Endura and it has the very stainless steel LC200N.

>Sportsman Supply Moteng is the distributor for the gray/black damascus knives as well.

Their website confuses me. It has a login ID and password section. But no way to create an account. Reading through the "becoming a customer" section, it wants you to list your business and website and it is free shipping on $1000 orders. So it appears to me they don't sell to consumers directly? (Looks like they are out of stock anyway.....)

>Sportsman Supply Moteng is the distributor for the gray/black damascus knives as well.

Their website confuses me. It has a login ID and password section. But no way to create an account. Reading through the "becoming a customer" section, it wants you to list your business and website and it is free shipping on $1000 orders. So it appears to me they don't sell to consumers directly? (Looks like they are out of stock anyway.....)
They’re a distributor. They sell to dealers.

Back