Spyderco 2021 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Two releases this week:

• Kapara CPM-20CV Grey G-10 C241* DLT Trading (Taiwan) will be released tomorrow on Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at 11:00am CT for $197.40.
  • Mule Team CPM-S45VN MT31P (USA) will be released on Thursday, April 22, 2021 at 9:00am MT direct through Spyderco.

Kapara CPM-20CV Grey G-10 C241GPGY DLT Trading (Taiwan) is/was in stock at Exclusive dealer.

spyderco-kapara-exclusive-419211__31063.1618925139.jpg

spyderco-kapara-exclusive-419212__33081.1618925139.jpg

spyderco-kapara-exclusive-419213__88859.1618925139.jpg

spyderco-kapara-exclusive-419214__33511.1618925139.jpg

spyderco-kapara-exclusive-419215__69324.1618925139.jpg

LOL!

Was thinking about buying three S45VN Mules (2 to flip and 1 to keep) because I get free shipping for a $150 order as an OpFocus member.

Was up at 6am Pacific time for other reasons. Forgot all about it. Checked at 1030 and it was already sold out.

So much for trying to become a Flipper For Profit (FFP). Guess I'm just no good at it. Sure to see them offered on EB for at least $100-150 in a few days.

Double LOL!!!! ;)

Last edited:
LOL!

What thinking about buying 3 S45VN Mules (2 to flip and 1 to keep) because I get free shipping for a $150 order as an OpFocus member.

Was up at 6am Pacific time for other reasons. Forgot all about it. Checked at 1030 and it was already sold out.

So much for trying to become a Flipper For Profit (FFP). Guess I'm just no good at it. Sure to see them offered on EB for at least $100-150 in a few days.

Double LOL!!!! ;)
Their site definitely struggled under the weight of server requests... managed to get through and snag one, but had my doubts that I was going to be able to check out before inventory hit zero...

I hope Spyderco figures out some way to let us pre-order Mules in the future. I check most days and missed this one by a few hours. I can't check multiple times every day. I have every other Mule except MT 07 (damascus). Sucks that I'll have pay 3x the price for this one.

I hope Spyderco figures out some way to let us pre-order Mules in the future. I check most days and missed this one by a few hours. I can't check multiple times every day. I have every other Mule except MT 07 (damascus). Sucks that I'll have pay 3x the price for this one.

Spyderco post the drop time/date of each Mule Team release in the dedicated section of their forum!
https://forum.spyderco.com/viewtopic.php?t=89322

Just curious . . .

Anyone know exactly (or approximately) how many Mules they produce for sale w/each current release?

Just curious . . .

Anyone know exactly (or approximately) how many Mules they produce for sale w/each current release?

Read on the Mule Team sub forum that past runs were 600 pieces, Including the SPY27 Mule. There's talk about making more because demand has increased substantially. Not sure if Spyderco produced more S45VN (just dropped) and ZMAX (next up) Mules or they were already in production for original 600 blades. The "buzz" for ZMAX is insane already!:eek:

Time will tell. ..

Read on the Mule Team sub forum that past runs were 600 pieces, Including the SPY27 Mule. There's talk about making more because demand has increased substantially. Not sure if Spyderco produced more S45VN (just dropped) and ZMAX (next up) Mules or they were already in production for original 600 blades. The "buzz" for ZMAX is insane already!:eek:

Time will tell. ..

From the Spyderco forum: "My apologies to all that missed out. We're working on solving this problem. Some of the future Mules have already been increased. It might take a few runs to figure out a system for guessing numbers.

sal"

there was also a discussion of the fact that, and possible reasons why, these used to be easy to get, ie didn't sell out immediately, and how they've sold out instantly the past two batches. sounds like it's being addressed on their end regardless. my ONLY concern is getting a MagnaCut mule when they come out, something else that's evidently in the works. super exciting

[I'd also like to see bad things happen to flippers, aka extortionists. Yeah I know the forum I'm on, and the kinds of opinions/politics I see here, but only the most facile "libertarian" interpretation says "what the market will support" is a meaningful metric of ethical action / what makes a person not a piece of sh*t. $700 epi pens are a type of violence; $150 mules are obv not equivalent, but still sh*tty, esp. when so many folks missed out on even getting one, while accounts on ebay were selling 4 by yesterday morning.]

I too had one in my cart and by the time I went through the check-out process it slowed as not available. Pretty messed up system for sure.

I'd also like to see bad things happen to flippers, aka extortionists. Yeah I know the forum I'm on, and the kinds of opinions/politics I see here, but only the most facile "libertarian" interpretation says "what the market will support" is a meaningful metric of ethical action / what makes a person not a piece of sh*t. $700 epi pens are a type of violence; $150 mules are obv not equivalent, but still sh*tty, esp. when so many folks missed out on even getting one, while accounts on ebay were selling 4 by yesterday morning.]

2 S45VNs on sale on EB this minute for $148 each. Rounding off, that's a potential 200% profit on each only a day after release.

Fortunately, I don't "need" another Mule. Have 2 that I bought for around $100 each before it became a "thing" to have one. A 20CV and LC200N with Spyderco/Halpern G10 scales and a Spyderco leather and Bolatron sheath to use w/either.

So, I'm fine but it is sad that flippers can be allowed to do this.

The only way to "solve" the problem may be to limit purchases of Mules, Sprints or other limited releases to JUST ONE per customer and I'd be all for that!

I still may not get one but at least the # of people who want to buy/keep one would be increased and "profit" potential and incentive to flippers to buy them would be drastically reduced; unless, of course, they are also using/paying shills to buy them extras, in which case, their potential profit should at least be reduced.

Last edited:
I told you guys - if everyone were just like me, flippers would have all disappeared a long long time ago ;) Paying 15% or so more than the retail price to cover the hassles, shipping, and handling would be fine with me but that's about it.

I told you guys - if everyone were just like me, flippers would have all disappeared a long long time ago ;) Paying 15% or so more than the retail price to cover the hassles, shipping, and handling would be fine with me but that's about it.
I am like you, but may be even a little tighter than 15% above retail. Personally, I don't buy for the sake of having, but for using so it means nothing to me to have all the Mules or just a few. There also is no knife in the world that I must have. I have paid a lot for a very rare knife that I wanted, but even then, it was a great deal at the price I got it IMHO. And I still have, carry, and use that baby today even though many less expensive knives I have cut just as well.

Back