Spyderco 2021 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Hi Sgt,

I agree with you on the Mule Teams and we're working on a better way. Te current Mules were started a long time before we can deliver. We'd like for any one that wants one to be able to get one. It's the feedback we're looking for, but the demand seems to have increased significantly recently.

sal

Fascinating discussion about the sprint mad rush, fascinating because it is very common problem now in many industries from U2 tickets to Rolexes to Nikes...manufacturer wants to sell more units, so creates exclusives to appeal to the die hards and collectors, but the subsequent price appreciation draws in too many pure resellers that risk alienating the original consumers (and future profitability of the manufacturer). I tried to buy a GoRuck backpack the other day and it sold out in one minute. I tried to buy a Slysz Bowie unsuccessfully as well, and for the next couple of weeks I counted at least 25% of the total volume (assuming the run was 600) resell through eBay.

The Air Jordan market is much bigger than any Spyderco exclusive and megacorp Nike still hasn’t quite figured it out either (many articles written). I have two friends who wrote bots to buy up hot items in drops—one in my company’s IT group, but the other was just a smart kid in high school—so safe to say the bots are here to stay! The constraint is if you create too many frictions in the buying process to stave off the bots (from using biometric scanners to pre registering before a drop) many buyers either lose interest or it is too costly for the seller (eg DLT having to answer phone calls).

But honestly, for consumers these are first world problems. Half of me is happy when I can’t get a hot item, it saves me some money from buying yet another thing I don’t need. That SlyszB ain’t saving me that much time opening my Amazon package than a pair of old scissors. Also, not being able to buy the well known hot item makes the die hard do even more research to discover the next hidden gem from a lesser known manufacturer, and that can be equally satisfying than owning yet another Para 3, and the next thing you know a TRM is born. So ironically, we can thank that Russian teen for writing the bot after all, we now have more great choices in the market.

Last edited:
But Sal, didn’t mean to offend you, I do love my Para 3s! I just can’t click as fast as those bots.

A knife reviewer on youtube said there's supposed to be a Spyderco reveal on june 4th, but he wasn't allowed to say what it is going to be yet. Does anyone have any info on this yet??

But Sal, didn’t mean to offend you, I do love my Para 3s! I just can’t click as fast as those bots.

When I bring up sneaker and purchase bots, I'm called crazy and told they don't actually exist and aren't a problem in our hobby.

Why should a manufacturer care about who is buying its knives as long as they sell quickly? You may think you are an avid fan of the brand, but for the same token a bot is also an avid fan of the brand ;)

If you are trying to maximize long term profits of a company, having pure resellers as too large a share of your customer base can be problematic given these customers are mostly focused on exploiting short term supply demand imbalances and therefore cannot be relied upon reliably to generate sales in the future. Users btw tend to be more focused on price relative to perceived utility. Furthermore, if you cater too much to the reseller group (in the worst case giving them most of the hot product), the user group may sour on your brand and stop buying your regular products that generate likely the majority of your sales (if not, then exclusives aren’t really exclusives are they). Resellers are not buying the regular products which are in stock and have no imbalance to exploit, but these products generate a steady stream of profits for the company (and pay a lot of the fixed costs needed to make those exclusives anyway).

55 new Spyderco Knife Models (see Post #1) have been delivered so far in 2021 of which 26 (47%) were Sprint Runs or Dealer/Distributor Exclusives (number of all new models by month delivered is listed below):

1. JAN 2021: 19
  2. FEB 2021: 14
  3. MAR 2021: 9
  4. APR 2021: 7
  5. MAY 2021: 6

Due to Pandemic Delays, there are still quite a few new Spyderco Knife Models in the pipeline to be delivered from Reveal Volumes 5-7.

To be released from the 2021 Spyderco Reveal Volume 7 on January 19, 2021 and it’s now 133 days (4.5 months) since that announcement:

1. Lil' Native SlipIt CPM-S30V Black G-10 C230NLGP (USA)
  2. Mule Team Z-Max PM MT29P (USA)
  3. ParaMilitary2 CPM-CRUWEAR Brown Micarta C81MPCW2 (USA)
  4. YoJumbo All-Black CPM-S30V Black DLC Blade Black G-10 C253GPBBK (USA)
  5. UK PenKnife (UKPK) SlipIt LC200N PlainEdge Yellow FRN C94PYL (USA)
  6. UK PenKnife (UKPK) SlipIt LC200N SpyderEdge Yellow FRN C94SYL (USA)
  7. Delica4 LightWeight K390 Wharncliffe Blade Blue FRN C11FPWK390 (Japan)
  8. Delica4 LightWeight K390 SpyderEdge Blade Blue FRN C11FSK390 (Japan)
  9. Dragonfly2 LightWeight K390 Wharncliffe Blade Blue FRN C28FP2WK390 (Japan)
  10. Endela LightWeight K390 SpyderEdge Blade Blue FRN C243FSK390 (Japan)
  11. Endura4 LightWeight K390 SpyderEdge Blade Blue FRN C10FSK390 (Japan)
  12. Stretch2 LightWeight K390 Blue FRN C90FP2K390 (Japan)

To be released from the 2020 Spyderco Reveal Volume 6 (September 9, 2020) and it’s now 265 days (9 months) since that announcement:

1. Tenacious Lightweight CPM-S35VN CombinationEdge Blue FRN C122PSBL (China)
  2. Manbug VG-10 Wharncliffe Black TiCN Blade Black FRN MBKWPBK (Japan)
  3. Autonomy2 LC200N Black DLC Blade CombinationEdge Black G-10 C165GPSBBK2 (USA)
  4. Autonomy2 LC200N Black DLC Blade SpyderEdge Black G-10 C165GSBBK2 (USA)
  5. ParaMilitary2 CPM-SPY27 Colorado Flag G-10 C81GPCOFL2 Sprint Run (USA)

To be released from the 2020 Spyderco Reveal Volume 5 (May 5, 2020) and it’s now 392 days (13 months) since that announcement:

1. Swick5 Large PlainEdge LC200N Black G-10 Boltaron Sheath FB14P5 (USA)
  2. Swick5 Large SpyderEdge LC200N Black G-10 Boltaron Sheath FB14S5 (USA)
  3. Swick6 Small PlainEdge LC200N Black G-10 Boltaron Sheath FB14P6 (USA)
  4. Swick6 Small SpyderEdge LC200N Black G-10 Boltaron Sheath FB14S6 (USA)

A knife reviewer on youtube said there's supposed to be a Spyderco reveal on june 4th, but he wasn't allowed to say what it is going to be yet. Does anyone have any info on this yet??

REC Exclusive revealed @ Blade Show. I'm betting it's a Shaman in REC colors.

55 new Spyderco Knife Models (see Post #1) have been delivered so far in 2021 of which 26 (47%) were Sprint Runs or Dealer/Distributor Exclusives (number of all new models by month delivered is listed below):

Due to Pandemic Delays, there are still quite a few new Spyderco Knife Models in the pipeline to be delivered from Reveal Volumes 5-7.

To be released from the 2021 Spyderco Reveal Volume 7 on January 19, 2021 and it’s now 133 days (4.5 months) since that announcement:

To be released from the 2020 Spyderco Reveal Volume 6 (September 9, 2020) and it’s now 265 days (9 months) since that announcement:

3. Autonomy2 LC200N Black DLC Blade CombinationEdge Black G-10 C165GPSBBK2 (USA)

To be released from the 2020 Spyderco Reveal Volume 5 (May 5, 2020) and it’s now 392 days (13 months) since that announcement:

I put in a preorder for a Swick 5 the day it was announced. I believe this has been my longest wait for a knife, including customs. I have no doubt it will be a knife worth the wait, but man, I hope these are close to being ready for release!

Excellent update on the Reveal lists. Fortunately, for me, there's nothing on them that I want to buy at this time.

The only thing I would like to mention is that I did buy an Automomy2 w/black G10 scales and a black DLC plain edged LC200N Blade (C165GPBBK2) back in Jan 2021 direct from Spyderco.

I note that the PE version is not listed above and find it curious why the other blade variations (PS & SE) would not also have been released by now. I guess it must take more time/work to produce those blade types or they just have other more important mfging priorities.

The black Autonomy 2 is currently listed as out of stock from Spyderco and many dealers, regardless of the blade type, but the PE version is apparently available for purchase from at least 1 dealer at the moment ( that's all I could find doing a cursory search). So, I'm glad that I bought mine when I did.

Last edited:
Autonomy2 LC200N Black DLC Blade SpyderEdge Black G-10 C165GSBBK2 (USA) is/was in stock at some dealers.

spyderco-autonomy-2-serated-c165gsbbk2-2__21694.1622647489.JPG

Last edited:
Re Mules. This is copied over from the Spyderco site as written by tazkristi tazkristi

Hey, everyone:
With the upcoming release of the MT29P Z-Max PM Mule, I thought to share some tips to hopefully improve your shopping experience.

If you have an account on Spyderco.com - Log into it ahead of time and ensure that your billing and shipping addresses and contact information are correct and current.

If you do not have an account on Spyderco.com - Register NOW and ensure your information is correct and current.

If your Spyderco.com billing address does not match the billing address associated with your card, your purchase may be declined – that is something outside of our control. Even a simple typo of one character can cause a declined transaction.

On the day of the release, log into your account a few minutes earlier than the release time (09:00 am MDT).

Have your payment information ready to enter. We do not store credit card information on our site, but if you are comfortable storing it in your browser, I highly recommend doing so ahead of time. You might also take a minute to call your card company (the day before the release) and let them know you will be making a purchase on Spyderco.com. This can prevent any confusion about potential fraud during the transaction.

If there are other items you want to purchase at the same time, add those to your cart a few minutes before the release. This will allow you to go straight to checkout once you have added the Mule to your cart.

Do you use a VPN? You might want to disable it during the release. VPNs definitely have their place and can be a valuable tool. Unfortunately, a shocking number of VPN IPs are associated with spammers and fraudsters. Those IPs can be blocked from our site if we have encountered fraud or issues in the past. If you’d like to check the status of your IP before the release, check https://www.ipqualityscore.com/free-ip- ... y-vpn-test.

And finally, if possible, ensure you are connected with a stable internet connection with the fastest connection speed possible. We know this is not a possibility for everyone, but the truth is, the faster and more stable your connection, the easier it is to shop during popular releases.

We have done everything that we can do on our end to improve stability and speed, but there are a lot of variables outside of our control. My hope is that these tips will help improve your experience.

Thanks much!

Back