Spyderco Amsterdam Meet 2010 Report - Prototype Pictures

The Cara Cara 2 and Meadowlark 2 are really nice working knives. The main differences from their previous versions are the full flat grind and the clips I believe. I’m afraid I didn’t catch much of the info when these models were passed around. From shortly handling them at the meet, I thought they were way too nice for their price. Very solid lockup, no blade play and the clips were nicely rounded. Previous Byrds I owned had some sharp edges.

spyderco_amsterdammeet2010_prototype_caracara2g10.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2010_prototype_caracara2g10_blade.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2010_prototype_caracara2g10_closed.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2010_prototype_caracarameadowlark2g10.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2010_prototype_caracarameadowlark2g10_blade.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2010_prototype_caracarameadowlark2g10_closed.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2010_prototype_meadowlark2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2010_prototype_meadowlark2_blade.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2010_prototype_meadowlark2_closed.jpg

Wouter

Those Byrds are really good looking. The blade spine is a straight line, like the earlier Delica / Endura, I like it a lot.

This thread needed to go back to the top....
Does anybody in the know have a feel for the release dates on any of the knives shown? Most of the proto's looked production ready... Anyway, I'm really jonesin' for a CF Balance, a CF Chinese, and a Maroon Shabaria :cool:. (OK, some others, too...). Along with the hinted Dodo and Persian sprints, I feel an empty wallet coming on...:rolleyes:
Thanks,
Greg

And the dream knife would be Sprint Run Caly 3.5 with ZPD-189 or S90V blade, CF handle and the Ball Bearing Lock. I'd say that would be the BEST KNIFE POSSIBLE
Spyderco would wipe out the competition from the face of the Earth with knife like that
May be Sal would decide to make a few :) 200 pc

Hey guys this is my first post here. Im a bit of a knife enthusiast myself after I bought my very first Spyderco knife which was a Spyderco Delica 4 and was hooked, now I am just waiting for the Paramilitary 2 to come out so I could add it to my collection. Does anyone know when its going to come out? Im very EXCITED and I hope the PM would be in my budget :p

Hey guys this is my first post here. Im a bit of a knife enthusiast myself after I bought my very first Spyderco knife which was a Spyderco Delica 4 and was hooked, now I am just waiting for the Paramilitary 2 to come out so I could add it to my collection. Does anyone know when its going to come out? Im very EXCITED and I hope the PM would be in my budget :p
Welcome to bladeforums. I'm not sure about a specific date, but with the proto looking as good as it does I'd expect them to hit sometime this year (hopefully sooner than later).

We might get some info during this years Blade Show.

Welcome aboard. You have chosen wisely, it's hard to find a better knife than the Delica and the Paramillie definitely worth each and every penny. :)

Back