Spyderco Amsterdam Meet 2010 Report - Prototype Pictures

Mine too! I can't wait to swap out my well used Caly 3 for a Caly 3.5 at work. One great knife to carry in a pair of Dockers.

Thank you sir for your time, effort and the fine pictures and thank you Spyderco for the fine blades.

Some how I missed the Caly 3.5 and the Super Leaf...though :D:D:D I have to admit this is the largest amount of new knives from any company that I've really liked.

On a side note, the UK pen knife line seems to be doing very well!

Lots of knives here I really like, and lots I wouldn't accept as a gift. I am always so fascinated by the incredible variety of the Spyderco line - it's just amazing, and it's great. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

By the way, am I the only one here who is really taken by the see-thru Manix 2? I hope that one makes the final cut with clear FRN.

Lots of knives here I really like, and lots I wouldn't accept as a gift. I am always so fascinated by the incredible variety of the Spyderco line - it's just amazing, and it's great. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

By the way, am I the only one here who is really taken by the see-thru Manix 2? I hope that one makes the final cut with clear FRN.

The see-thru Manix is pretty cool. I would wonder how strong it is, but after handling the material before I don't think it is that big of a deal. Not a knife I'd use for heavy cutting, but still good. Very cool idea. Depending on the price, it'd be a nice knife to have.

Their variety is huge lol. Definitely love em' or hate em' designs.

Any of these new models coming out with s90v?

I don't think so but I suspect we will see a variant in S90V on some model or models down the near term road. S90V seems to be a Sprint Run steel for Spyderco.

I am guessing many of these models are not quite close to production yet. So maybe we won't have to buy the ones we like all in one year.

I need to start saving up, see at least 3 or 4 knives I want.

I can't wait to swap out my well used Caly 3 for a Caly 3.5 at work.

I would never do anything like this. I will carry both. Caly3.5 in FRP and Caly3 in my FLP. Will never hurt to have back-up/clean knife for lunch or snack.

I am wondering if we will get any of these beauties in 2010.
Most interest in Caly 3.5 and Shabaria, absolutely must have.
Also I feel a great need for new native4 and superleaf.
Some interest in CF Lum (price and finish on CF can be a concern) and Matriarch (love the blade, do not the color of the handle).

I really love these three:
spyderco_amsterdammeet2010_prototype_paramilitary2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2010_prototype_balance.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2010_prototype_delicadamascus.jpg

I hope I have a chance to get all 3. I also hope the Para II is offered in Orange G-10 finally.

I am guessing many of these models are not quite close to production yet. So maybe we won't have to buy the ones we like all in one year.

It's the truth. I'd have to find the thread, but when I saw the Leaf Storm for the first time, it was a while after that it hit the catalog and a while after that, that it was available to buy. Middle of the summer, maybe?, until we start seeing these.

The Perrin, Anso, Lum CF and UKPK in Ti and CF are pretty darn impressive.

If I ever get a job I'll probably end up with one of each... the Anso, why is it they are doing the clip like that? With the little cut-outs... I understand on that texture it's difficult to place the clip but it's unattractive :( A clip like on the PPT would be sweet.

the Anso, why is it they are doing the clip like that? With the little cut-outs... I understand on that texture it's difficult to place the clip but it's unattractive :( A clip like on the PPT would be sweet.

I wondered the very same thing...i wish a bunch more knives had a clip like the PPT

The Cara Cara 2 and Meadowlark 2 are really nice working knives. The main differences from their previous versions are the full flat grind and the clips I believe. I’m afraid I didn’t catch much of the info when these models were passed around. From shortly handling them at the meet, I thought they were way too nice for their price. Very solid lockup, no blade play and the clips were nicely rounded. Previous Byrds I owned had some sharp edges.

spyderco_amsterdammeet2010_prototype_caracara2g10.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2010_prototype_caracara2g10_blade.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2010_prototype_caracara2g10_closed.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2010_prototype_caracarameadowlark2g10.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2010_prototype_caracarameadowlark2g10_blade.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2010_prototype_caracarameadowlark2g10_closed.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2010_prototype_meadowlark2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2010_prototype_meadowlark2_blade.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2010_prototype_meadowlark2_closed.jpg

Wouter

This is the FRN Meadowlark 2 with a completely FRN mold. I think this FRN pattern is a bit more ‘friendly’ to the hand. The earlier FRN mold had more aggressive checkering on the surface of the handle slabs.

spyderco_amsterdammeet2010_prototype_meadowlark2frn.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2010_prototype_meadowlark2frn_blade.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2010_prototype_meadowlark2frn_closed.jpg

Wouter

Back