Spyderco Amsterdam Meet 2017 Report

yay! Love this thread every year!!!!! Plus it means spring is coming

I couldn't click on this thread fast enough! Thanks Mr. Blonde! Subscribed.

The Spyderco Alycone will be a new budget-friendly working knife. I’ve also seen this knife being mentioned as the Alcyone vs. the Alycone, I’m going by the name that was on the tag at the meet.
Understandable. However, given its "familial relationship" with the Polestar is suspect the tag was wrong since Alcyone is a star.

Look forward to this thread every year. Thanks for taking the time to put it together. :thumbup:

The Caly 3 in HAP 40 will be a sprint run that was announced in the 2017 Spyderco catalog. In that respect, this knife wasn’t a huge surprise to see at the meet, but it sure was nice to see and handle it in person. The knife itself is a somewhat of an ‘old friend’ to me, and I’ll be sure to add this variation to my collection of Caly and Calypso designs. The forest-green G-10 is a nice color variation, that I don’t see too often in Spyderco folders.

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_caly3hap40.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_caly3hap40_blade_2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_caly3hap40_blade_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_caly3hap40_angle_2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_caly3hap40_angle_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_caly3hap40_stand.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_caly3hap40_stamp.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_caly3hap40_clip.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_caly3hap40_spine_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_caly3hap40_inhand_2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_caly3hap40_inhand_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_caly3hap40_closeda.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_caly3hap40_spine_2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_caly3hap40_clipside.jpg

Specifications
Overall Length: 17,8 cm / 5.59 inches
Blade Length: 7,8 cm / 2.28 inches
Blade Thickness: 3 mm / 0.11 inches
Weight: 88 grams / 3.10 ounces

Wow thanks!! This is my number one must have this year I can't wait! Looks like that Moki f&f is right on par!!!

I think this new Chaparral is known in the Spyderco catalog as the Chaparral Raffir Noble. Whatever the name, I think this is a very nice classy edition to the Chaparral line. The handle material has very light and smooth feel to it. The handle’s ergos help to sufficiently control the knife, so I don’t think this handle will turn out to be too slippery for everyday carry. It is surprisingly difficult to photograph though. In these photos it looks darker and greener than I remember it from handling the knife in person. This ‘Raffir Brash Mesh’ Chaparral should be much more affordable than the previous high-end Chaparrals. Definitely another edition to my Spyderco wishlist!

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_chaparralrafbrassmesh.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_chaparralrafbrassmesh_angle_4.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_chaparralrafbrassmesh_angle_3.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_chaparralrafbrassmesh_angle_2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_chaparralrafbrassmesh_inhand.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_chaparralrafbrassmesh_blade_2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_chaparralrafbrassmesh_blade_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_chaparralrafbrassmesh_angle_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_chaparralrafbrassmesh_angle_5.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_chaparralrafbrassmesh_clip.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_chaparralrafbrassmesh_stand_2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_chaparralrafbrassmesh_stand_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_chaparralrafbrassmesh_angle_6.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_chaparralrafbrassmesh_closed.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_chaparralrafbrassmesh_clipside.jpg

Specifications
Overall Length: 16,3 cm / 6.41 inches
Blade Length: 7 cm / 2.75 inches
Blade Thickness: 2 mm / 0.07 inches
Weight: 65 grams / 2.29 ounces

I’m sorry to have put everyone on a little waiting period, but this will be the last batch of photos for a few days. With work and the IWA Show in Germany, I won’t be able to select, crop, edit and post more images before March 7th. Despite my amateur efforts, I’ll do my best to make sure it will be worth the wait. I might be able to chime in on the forums, but more pictures will follow on March 7th. Thanks for watching!

I’m sorry to have put everyone on a little waiting period, but this will be the last batch of photos for a few days. With work and the IWA Show in Germany, I won’t be able to select, crop, edit and post more images before March 7th. Despite my amateur efforts, I’ll do my best to make sure it will be worth the wait. I might be able to chime in on the forums, but more pictures will follow on March 7th. Thanks for watching!

Thanks again, and I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

Your pictures of the brass mesh material are great! I don't know that I'll buy one, but I can certainly appreciate the look of the composite. Thanks, Wouter!

Thanks Mr Blonde! as always BEST THREAD of THE Year!!

I'm hoping for a new 3" fixed blade...like a Janich Kalista II with some better steel...

Back