Spyderco Amsterdam Meet 2017 Report

I didn’t pick up much details about the new Double Stuff, as by now the knives kept coming in to my little photo booth. I hope my fellow attendees from the Amsterdam Meet can chime in to offer a few more details on this neat and versatile looking sharpening stone.

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_doublestuff_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_doublestuff_angle_2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_doublestuff_angle_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_doublestuff_6.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_doublestuff_5a.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_doublestuff_4.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_doublestuff_3.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_doublestuff_2.jpg

The Fish Hunter was apparently designed for deep-sea divers who spearfish under water. In case the fish isn’t completely ‘out’, you could use the Fish Hunter to ‘brain’ the fish. The double ground blade certainly looked very impressive. The top edge is ground but not sharpened. I did not see a sheath for the Fish Hunter at the meet, but I would guess that the final production version will sport an Aqua Salt-style sheath.

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_fishhunter_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_fishhunter_blade_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_fishhunter_blade_2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_fishhunter_handle_2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_fishhunter_handle_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_fishhunter_inhand_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_fishhunter_inhand_2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_fishhunter_stand.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_fishhunter_blade_4.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_fishhunter_blade_5.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_fishhunter_blade_3.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_fishhunter_2.jpg

Specifications
Overall Length: 22,7 cm / 8.94 inches
Blade Length: 11,2 cm / 4.39 inches
Blade Thickness: 3 mm / 0.11 inches
Weight: 116 grams / 4.10 ounces

IIRC, the Genzow Hatchethawk featured a polymer handle that had an aluminum rod all the way through it. The hawk seemed very light and well-balanced to me, but I’m not exactly an ‘axe-guy’. Perhaps my fellow meet attendees could chime in with some additional info on this design? Unfortunately, we did not manage to collect any measurements on the Genzow Hatchethawk.

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hatchethawk.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hatchethawk_angle_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hatchethawk_angle_2.jpg

gaaaaaaaaaaaah! I wish you had specs for the Hatchethawk. It looks to be that the OAL is at least 18" which I think would be more of an ax...keep 'em coming and thanks again

The Hanan was a nice classy little folder. The flipper, combined with the compression lock, worked very well. I’m not a big fan of that plunged grind on the blade, but I love the dropped tip and light recurve. Also, I really liked the handle design with that classic bolster. Some photos might give the impression that the blade is bead blasted, but that is not the case. The blade features a satin finish, that proved either way too shiny in my photos, or a bit dull and almost like it was bead blasted. I mostly chose the latter during photo selection and editing.

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hanan.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hanan_blade_2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hanan_blade_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hanan_stand_2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hanan_stand_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hanan_lock.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hanan_halfopen.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hanan_inhand_2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hanan_inhand_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hanan_closed.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hanan_clip.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hanan_angle_8.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hanan_angle_7.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hanan_angle_4.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hanan_angle_3.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hanan_angle_6.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hanan_angle_5.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hanan_angle_2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hanan_angle_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hanan_clipside.jpg

Specifications
Overall Length: 17,5 cm / 6.88 inches
Blade Length: 7,5 cm / 2.95 inches
Blade Thickness: 3 mm / 0.11 inches
Weight: 82 grams / 2.89 ounces

The Hundred Pacer was a nice ‘odd’ surprise to me at the meet. I actually googled some pictures of the knife’s slithering namesake, and I have to admit that the knife’s handle pattern and upswept blade really look a lot like the snake. The knife was big and looked very unusual. The handle even looked a bit too blocky to me at first. Picking up the knife, however, made a lot of difference for me. This was a very light folder and that blocky handle seemed surprisingly versatile for different grips. I think Eric mentioned it in one of the SHOT show videos, and I agree that the Hundred Pacer seems to make a wonderful folding kitchen knife. I also like the G-10 pattern on the handle a lot. It’s very different from what Spyderco usually makes. Even though on paper this knife is a bit larger than I usually prefer, I might just add the Hundred Pacer to my wish list.

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hundredpacer.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hundredpacer_stand.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hundredpacer_logo.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hundredpacer_lock.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hundredpacer_inhand_2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hundredpacer_inhand_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hundredpacer_halfopen_2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hundredpacer_halfopen_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hundredpacer_closed.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hundredpacer_clip.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hundredpacer_angle_3.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hundredpacer_blade_2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hundredpacer_blade_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hundredpacer_angle_2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hundredpacer_angle_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_hundredpacer_clipside.jpg

Specifications
Overall Length: 23,5 cm / 9.25 inches
Blade Length: 10,5 cm / 4.13 inches
Blade Thickness: 3,5 mm / 0.13 inches
Weight: 147 grams / 5.18 ounces

I wasn't interested in the Hundred Pacer...until now! Great pictures as always!

Great pics! That grind on the Hanan sure is strange. It's almost like the blade and handle weren't made for one another. Just my opinion. A compression lock Flipper is really cool, though.

Great pics! That grind on the Hanan sure is strange. It's almost like the blade and handle weren't made for one another. Just my opinion. A compression lock Flipper is really cool, though.

Same here.
Looks odd with the opposed angles of the blade grind and bolster.
A solid handle with an inlay complementing that severe grind would have worked.
Nice concept with the lock as stated though, may be the first??

Weird; the blade grind and bolster on the Hanan looks very complimentary to my eye.

The killer for me is the divot in the presentation side scale. I know why it's there but it needs a blanking plate.

Weird; the blade grind and bolster on the Hanan looks very complimentary to my eye.

The killer for me is the divot in the presentation side scale. I know why it's there but it needs a blanking plate.

I bet it would be fairly simple to either make or have someone else make a filler tab.
And it's sorta growing on me, but not as much as the Hundred Pacer is catching my eye. My finger was hovering over the pre-order tab earlier.
May pull the trigger on this one. Right size, steel, grind, clip, design aesthetic. It's checking a lot of my knife requirement boxes.

First off,great pic's and info!i thought i was all for the Hanan,but seeing the 100 pacer,WOW,this one is for me!

I love the styling/design and grinds on the Hanan. Thank you for all the detailed pictures Mr. Blonde.

I bet it would be fairly simple to either make or have someone else make a filler tab.
And it's sorta growing on me, but not as much as the Hundred Pacer is catching my eye. My finger was hovering over the pre-order tab earlier.
May pull the trigger on this one. Right size, steel, grind, clip, design aesthetic. It's checking a lot of my knife requirement boxes.

For sure, just a little alloy oval. The 100 Pacer is looking great in these pics. I'm waiting to get dealt some Jacks though; hope my luck changes today.

The Jess Horn Sprint with a full flat ground blade and gray G-10 handle wasn’t exactly a surprise, since it was listed in the Spyderco Catalog. Still, it was nice to see this knife in person and to spend a few minutes with it. I’m only familiar with the FRN ZDP-189 version of the Jess Horn design. Compared to that older sprint run, this gray G10 version seemed a bit ‘blocky’. The fit and finish were very nice on this sample though. And the full flat grind is always a nice touch in a small folder like this.

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_jesshorn.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_jesshorn_stand_2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_jesshorn_stand_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_jesshorn_spine_2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_jesshorn_spine_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_jesshorn_inhand_2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_jesshorn_inhand_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_jesshorn_closed.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_jesshorn_clip.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_jesshorn_blade_2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_jesshorn_blade_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_jesshorn_angle_4.jpg