1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Spyderco Amsterdam Meet 2017 Report

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Mr Blonde, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Mr Blonde

Mr Blonde

Oct 12, 1998
    It looks like the Salt line will be getting a makeover, with the presentation of the Salt 2. It seemed very familiar to the Delica 4. And like the Delica 4, the Salt 2 will be a bit thicker and stronger than the previous line of Salt folders. I liked the fact that the Salt 2 won’t use any liners, but rather use a specific mold design on the inside of the handle to achieve more rigidity and strength. I love my serrated Salt folder, for travel mostly. I’ll probably upgrade it with a Salt 2.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Specifications
    Overall Length: 18,5 cm / 7.28 inches
    Blade Length: 7,7 cm / 3.03 inches
    Blade Thickness: 2,5 mm / 0.09 inches
    Weight Salt 2: 61 grams / 2.15 ounces, Tasman Salt 2: 58 grams / 2.04 ounces

2. Mr Blonde

Mr Blonde

Oct 12, 1998
    I can round out my Amsterdam Meet (photo) Report with a concept model, as opposed to the production samples, the Three Blade Rescue! I’m usually not a fan of multi-bladed tools or knives, but this seemed to handle really well. I can’t recall any specific specifications though, and when the presentation part of the meet closed there wasn’t much time to record any measurements. Still, I liked being able to show off a concept model that is still in development. Since this is a concept model, it can take some time and changes, before the Three Blade Rescue comes to market.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. BrandoSpoke

BrandoSpoke

Mar 14, 2017
    will they be redoing the whole salt line or just those 2 models?

4. Mr Blonde

Mr Blonde

Oct 12, 1998
    The last photo post in my Amsterdam Meet Report 2017, is for the Three Blade Standard concept model. This is a variation of the Three Blade Rescue, with a plain edge and two tools more geared towards everyday carry for most people. Please note, this is a concept model, so it can take a while for the Three Blade Standard to become available and the design might be tweaked as well from these pictures. Thanks for watching!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. bigolegator

bigolegator Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Great info and pics...much appreciated!

6. dcycleman

dcycleman

Feb 16, 2009
    Thanks for the info , pictures, and efforts mr blonde! I'm guessing the Caribbean line wasn't present at the meet?

7. Shaggy

Shaggy

Jan 30, 2012
    Thank you, Wouter, for once again taking time to put together another great Spyderco/Amsterdam preview.

8. mastiffhound

mastiffhound

Dec 27, 2013
    Oh Tasman Salt 2, you will be mine! Add that new ring those guys made for the Delica and you'd have a dang spiffy karambit for sure;)

9. Brules1

Brules1

Jul 22, 2007
    Anyone notice the Opus clip has a hole in it for a lanyard but the handle doesn't have a hole for a lanyard?

10. yablanowitz

yablanowitz

Apr 14, 2006
    The hole in the clip fits over the pivot screw head when you put the clip on the right end.

11. Mick_1KRR

Mick_1KRR

May 1, 2016
    I check this thread every day hoping to see the new Caribbean :( but i do appreciate your effort and posting the other pics so thank you.

12. mastiffhound

mastiffhound

Dec 27, 2013
    I just realized that with the Salt 2, the Pacific Salt shouldn't be far behind!

13. SaintZe

SaintZe

Dec 20, 2013
    Very excited to see the Salt/Tasman 2 are getting closer and closer. The Tasman 1 handle really didn't live up to my experiences with the Lil' Matriarch and Delica 4.

14. oxman198

oxman198

Jun 17, 2013
    Wasnt that excited for the Salt 2's but after seeing those pictures I am really stoked about the tasman 2. I have the Tasman 1 and agree with SaintZe about the handles. Now wheres that Police 4???????

15. skyhorse

skyhorse Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Wow that Salt 2 looks like something I'm going have to get pretty soon. So many great knives here and that two sided stone looks amazing.! Thank you Mr Blonde for posting.

16. Mr Blonde

Mr Blonde

Oct 12, 1998
    I'm not sure, but I got the impression that eventually the entire Salt line will be upgraded.

17. Mr Blonde

Mr Blonde

Oct 12, 1998
    It was there, I just didn't manage to get it in front of my camera. Sorry about that.

18. Mr Blonde

Mr Blonde

Oct 12, 1998
    The Police 4 manage to sneak away from my lens. I did spend some time handling it at the IWA Show a week after the meet, I did like it more than I expected. Personally, I'd prefer it with a fully serrated edge though. I hope that option will become available for the Police 4.

19. bflying

bflying Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Thank you for all the time and effort that goes into these preview threads. It's one of my favorite, and yet most painful (on the wallet) threads of each year. I find myself spending time and drooling over each entry and photo, as if it included high end restaurant food photography. Why is that? ;)

20. dcycleman

dcycleman

Feb 16, 2009
    No worries ! Thanks again sir[emoji106]