Photos Spyderco Amsterdam Meet 2019 Report

2020: waved ladybug

I did that years ago.

Never say die, man!

I usually go for Byrd knives for the budget stuff, but I like that Emphasis a lot.

Actually these are the only knives in this list that are aesthetically pleasing for me (Byrd Harrier & Emphasis).
The emphasis looks really good but, just from the pictures, i'm not sure if that finger groove will be comfortable enough.

Is that it? Kind of underwhelmed. All nice knives I just expect to see some higher end stuff or something different than the basics.

Not that I don't like these models, cause they look great. But.. Man I was hoping to see more.

I'd like to see some high-end stuff, too, but on the other hand, in the last two or three years, we've seen a lot of high-end offerings from Spyderco, and relatively fewer less expensive ones. All these less-expensive lightweight variants are evening out the playing field some in the Spyderco line.

I'm underwhelmed as well with these models, but i believe that is due to a more EDC oriented approach (specifically work knives that you wouldn't get a heart-attack with every scratch/ding) taken by Spyderco. After all, these are the models that keep a steady greasing going on the engine (special mention to PM here, which is not threatened by any of the new models i believe)

Also, based on a few comments here, i'm interested to see if the Delica and Endura will loose the crown by some of the models here

Be interested in the pricing on the Chief...nice looking knife.

Thank you for all the time and effort!

Video: Spyderco 2019 Production Sample – Native Chief

giphy.gif

Video: Spyderco 2019 Production Sample – Native Chief

I like it but not sure I need it, since I already have a Police & Military.

I like the narrower, more symmetrical blade design which looks better than the blades on the Police and Military. Also like the choil which both the Military and Police lack and the polished clip which reduces evidence of pocket wear that the Military and Police also lack.

Just need to see how the Native Chef looks placed side-by-side w/a Police and Military (as well as w/a vintage Calypso and Goddard from my collection) and what it will cost relative to those 2 knives. If it's different enough to fill a niche between the 2 and is less expensive than them, I'll probably buy it.

Wondering now how long it will take for it to be released. Needless to say, I won't be holding my breath waiting for it but it's "bookmarked." ;)

Last edited:
I wasn't planning to buy anymore knives for awhile, buy I'm going to have to get the Chief. It looks like a keeper.

Chief looks great:thumbsup::thumbsup: It is slim and long and without the hump that is on many other spyderco blades including Millie and Police. If sprint runs of it come out with cf or ti scales and better steels, I will sell some of my Millies and PM2s to get them. Regardless, I will definitely get the base model first.

And that’s all folks, I shared every pixel I could from these excellent new Spyderco offerings. I have no other imagery or info to share. Thank you all so much for watching and all the kind words. I’m sure I didn’t get to answer every question and I very much appreciate my fellow attendees at the meet helping out!

Back