Spyderco Ayoob collaboration??

Guy

Read in a recent article by Mas Ayoob that his first folder design was going to be released this year by Spyderco. Anyone have any details on this?

Guy

Guy - Yes, it is in the works. Can't say too much yet. Strange looking knife. Have a Proto to Show at the Blade Show if you'll be there.

sal

**sound of pennies hitting bottom of piggy bank**

------------------
Runs With Scissors
AKTI# A000107

What!? Mas making a weird looking knife? Say it ain't so!
wink.gif

Mr. Glesser,
Can ya say if its a every day use knife, or a defensive knife. Just wondering.

Blades

I don't get it Sal - you have a picture - by all means - post it here, we won't tell anyone....

After all - we're all family - right?

wink.gif

Sorry - Technically, it's a "concept model". Until we have a delivery date within 6 months, no public photos, only opinions and discussion requested at shows.

Blades - I don't think that there would be any problems using it as an everday carry.

sal

Massad Ayoob's fixed-blade design for Masters of Defense is high on any list of mine of what knife I'd least want to have to explain to authority figures. Would this new folder be one that at least has plausible deniability re. carrying as a weapon?

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

Thanks for the info Mr. Glesser. Like Mr. Mattis was saying, the MOD Ayoob is a knife designed for poking holes in watermelons. A limited use knife. So I was just wondering about his Spyderco design.
smile.gif

Blades

Blades - The Spyderco Ayoob is a folder. blade under 4". Black almite, tip down carry, left/right clip arrangement like Calypso jr.

Blade is wide enough to cut well. Explanation for general carry would not be a problem (except for blade length in some areas).

sal

[This message has been edited by Sal Glesser (edited 05-06-2000).]

I will venture a guess that it will be capable of defensive use whilst closed like the gunting?

What kind of locking system?

Compression lock?

What happens if someone takes a pic of it at the Blade Show?

------------------
RKBA!
Click Here For Your $5 Sign Up Bonusfrom Paypal!
Pay ANYONE With Your Visa/MC Over the Internet!

Wow!! Thanks for the additional info Mr. Glesser. Sounds like a great knife. I was just glad to hear it was more useful than the MOD Ayoob. Cool.
smile.gif

Blades

Great! One wonders what that old geezer is gonna come up with this time...
Mr Mattis, get your spy cam and get us some juicy (melon juice?) pictures. I hear Casio is releasing a wristwatch with an intergrated
digital camera....
And Sal, what about that greenish/blueish almite. Would be both nicer and a bit more "tactical" than black.

[This message has been edited by Pelle (edited 05-07-2000).]

JoeG26er - it is not designed like the Gunting to be used when closed.

It is a lockback.

We would prefer than no one takes pics of products that do not have scheduled delivery dates within 6 months. Causes too much grief for our Sales dept. These are considered "Concept models".

Pelle - Mas preferes black.

James - only if I have a delivery date scheduled before year end.

sal

Does this concept resemble in any way his MOD knife?(pleasepleaseplease)
smile.gif

Ferret - not too much. MOD is a fixed blade, Spyderco a lockback folder.

sal

Back