Spyderco Brad Southard Flipper

Hmm I might pick one of these up later. I really do not mind the Taiwan as they have really good quality control issues.

Even if it's made in China, Spyderco does the design & QC. Apart from lower end steel, my Resilience also oozes quality.

I owned several Chinese branded knives (long story, short is: easier to get and less costly). Even the best of them (Enlan EL02 and EL01) cannot compete with real Spyderco made by one of these factories held by Spyderco standard. One has to hold, operate & use them to tell the subtle yet significant differences.

I can't vouch on Byrd series (not having one) but in the area of oozing quality, Resilience wins. Can't imagine what GB and this Southard would be like.:)

Yeah... I'd go ahead and edit that first post or you're going to have a lot of folks come in and take it the wrong way. Not many will be constructive (if the last thread was any indication).

^^^ Best advice I've read this week... ;) :)

I must admit that I wasn't keen on buying knives made in Taiwan at first, as I was getting mixed up with Thailand:rolleyes:

After reading all the good opinions, I bought a Chokwe and Gayle Bradley and I'm super impressed with the build quality and fit&finish.

I'm now pleased when I see the models I like the most been made in the Taichung factory, as I know they are going to be great quality.

Brad Southard's flippers are the only flippers on the market that interest me. They just look amazing. I'm very much looking forward to this knife(eventhough I would very much prefer an all-titanium handle).

Some pics to taunt everyone.
spyderco_amsterdammeet2012_prototype_southardfolder.jpg

:eek: I know I'm late to the party as usual & it's probably stated elsewhere,but would someone give the specs on this knife again please?

blade length/overall length?

OR link to the original thread.

Thanks

:eek: I know I'm late to the party as usual & it's probably stated elsewhere,but would someone give the specs on this knife again please?

blade length/overall length?

OR link to the original thread.

Thanks

I've searched and searched and can't find those details. It's based on Brad Southard's AWT, so assuming they stayed accurate to its dimensions, that would make it

Specs
Overall Length: 8"
Closed: 4.5"
Blade Length: 3.5"

(taken from his website: http://www.southardknives.com/?page_id=32 )

Been trying to get a Southard for a while now, so this will be the best chance I think.

Look for the Amsterdam Knife Show 2012, there is also a quick youtube video with Eric G discussiong the knife a bit.

^It's amazing. you will be mine Southard flipper, oh yes, you will be mine

[video=youtube;71DBFEnuhSw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71DBFEnuhSw&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

I really can't wait for this knife. I opted not to pre-order and I fear that was a stupid decision. Time will tell.

Not sure the issue with my statement, but have no issues with taiwan, however will not purchase a knife made in china. Sorry if it offends anyone.

Back