1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Spyderco Brad Southard Flipper

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by racingfirefighter, Jun 23, 2012.

1. El-Duderino

El-Duderino

Apr 17, 2011
    Early next year, if you get on a preorder. If not middle of next year. End of next year you'll find better prices. That's my prediction.

2. J85909266

J85909266

Jun 6, 2005
    My wife is treating me to an "expensive" knife for my birthday, this month. This is what I really want. :(

3. BLUEGINGER

BLUEGINGER

Aug 8, 2012
    I guess it would be tough to stomach a birthday preorder instead of a physical knife. Best wishes on your selection.

4. jackthedog

jackthedog Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 21, 2009
    Good luck on your birthday choice.

I'm really waiting anxiously for this knife. I had a ZT 0561 and while it was a great knife, it was too big for carry in my opinion. I am hoping the Southard Flipper falls in the smaller range.

5. fitzpatric

fitzpatric

Nov 9, 2011
    I understand we are looking at a prototype and so far I do like this knife. I'm glad to see it in something other than black G10, the ti frame lock is great (I'm a big fan) and of course the flipper looks well thought out (the best way to open a knife IMHO). I do hope they improve the clip or at least make it ti. The main focus of this knife appears to be the flipper (incorporating bearings etc) and appears to work very well, I just think from the perspective of an "average Joe knife user" (non Spyderco diehard) incorporating the flipper in addition to the hole might seem silly. But then again average Joe probably would not spend $200+ for a knife anyway.

BTW I've purchased HEAVY industrial machinery from Taiwan for years (at least 20) and they have performed VERY well over the years so when I started getting into Spydercos I was quite excited that some came from Taiwan. Although being an American manufacturer I do try to purchase US goods when possible.

My .02

6. J85909266

J85909266

Jun 6, 2005
    Any guesses on an ETA for this one?

7. El-Duderino

El-Duderino

Apr 17, 2011
    They said 4th quarter this year, now it's early next year. 1st production has already been spoken for in preorders mostly. So realistically, middle of next year it may be readily bought most anywhere.

8. nuckingfuts

nuckingfuts

Dec 20, 2011
    Thats the way I feel about my 0561, even though it does carry well for its size its still to big for me. Ive been thinkin of selling it,

9. arevalo

arevalo

Jun 18, 2010
    As much as I don't want to wait, my wallet is thanking you for the news.

10. The sharpend

The sharpend

Oct 26, 2012
    To just digress is it going to be a stock run or limited ? Per order sites say 1 per customer but this could just be policy thanks.

11. apintandafight

apintandafight

Aug 10, 2012
    Taiwan spydies arguably have the best fit and finish of any spyderco facility.

12. 78LilRed

78LilRed

Dec 6, 2005
    Production run.

13. Franz_N

Franz_N

Apr 3, 2010
    Is it still possible to get a pre order for this, I can't find any places. I showed up late to the party.

14. 23xdm3.8

23xdm3.8

Apr 18, 2011
    To put it lightly...you're sol :)

Most if not all of the first batch are spoken for. Best keep an eye out in exchange once it's released, or wait a tad longer for production to catch up

15. jackthedog

jackthedog Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 21, 2009
    If it's anything like the Para 2 or Gayle Bradley, it could be a few months until you're able to get one. I hesitated as well and will probably be playing the waiting game as well.

16. Franz_N

Franz_N

Apr 3, 2010
    Oh well at least it's gonna be a regular production knife and not a sprint, better at a later time then never.

17. FCM415

FCM415 Banned BANNED

Jul 9, 2012
    Thats ok Franz, theres nothing wrong with us getting the second run... you know, thats usually when they get to work out the kinks from the first run :p

18. Franz_N

Franz_N

Apr 3, 2010
    That's what i tell myself every time I miss a pre order, but spyderco tends to get it right on the first run just about all the time lol. Especially being a taiwan spydie the southward flipper is gonna be damn good.

19. 23xdm3.8

23xdm3.8

Apr 18, 2011
    Cant wait!!!
    [​IMG]

20. JNewell

JNewell

Nov 18, 2005
    Sometimes the first run is the best - Gayle Bradley is an example of that.