Spyderco Brad Southard Flipper

Early next year, if you get on a preorder. If not middle of next year. End of next year you'll find better prices. That's my prediction.

My wife is treating me to an "expensive" knife for my birthday, this month. This is what I really want. :(

I guess it would be tough to stomach a birthday preorder instead of a physical knife. Best wishes on your selection.

Good luck on your birthday choice.

I'm really waiting anxiously for this knife. I had a ZT 0561 and while it was a great knife, it was too big for carry in my opinion. I am hoping the Southard Flipper falls in the smaller range.

I understand we are looking at a prototype and so far I do like this knife. I'm glad to see it in something other than black G10, the ti frame lock is great (I'm a big fan) and of course the flipper looks well thought out (the best way to open a knife IMHO). I do hope they improve the clip or at least make it ti. The main focus of this knife appears to be the flipper (incorporating bearings etc) and appears to work very well, I just think from the perspective of an "average Joe knife user" (non Spyderco diehard) incorporating the flipper in addition to the hole might seem silly. But then again average Joe probably would not spend $200+ for a knife anyway.

BTW I've purchased HEAVY industrial machinery from Taiwan for years (at least 20) and they have performed VERY well over the years so when I started getting into Spydercos I was quite excited that some came from Taiwan. Although being an American manufacturer I do try to purchase US goods when possible.

My .02

They said 4th quarter this year, now it's early next year. 1st production has already been spoken for in preorders mostly. So realistically, middle of next year it may be readily bought most anywhere.

Good luck on your birthday choice.

I'm really waiting anxiously for this knife. I had a ZT 0561 and while it was a great knife, it was too big for carry in my opinion. I am hoping the Southard Flipper falls in the smaller range.

Thats the way I feel about my 0561, even though it does carry well for its size its still to big for me. Ive been thinkin of selling it,

They said 4th quarter this year, now it's early next year. 1st production has already been spoken for in preorders mostly. So realistically, middle of next year it may be readily bought most anywhere.

As much as I don't want to wait, my wallet is thanking you for the news.

To just digress is it going to be a stock run or limited ? Per order sites say 1 per customer but this could just be policy thanks.

I was checking out upcoming knives for spyderco which has to be my favorite company for folders and Im in love. Never owned a flipper and it just looks awesome and its got a 204p blade. But its saying Made in Taiwaaaaaaan. Does anyone know if this is true and why this beauty wouldnt be coming from Sal and Eric in Golden? Or am I just mistaken? I already got my preorder for the para2 in 204p in and cant wait for that one to come in.
Taiwan spydies arguably have the best fit and finish of any spyderco facility.

Is it still possible to get a pre order for this, I can't find any places. I showed up late to the party.

Is it still possible to get a pre order for this, I can't find any places. I showed up late to the party.
To put it lightly...you're sol :)

Most if not all of the first batch are spoken for. Best keep an eye out in exchange once it's released, or wait a tad longer for production to catch up

If it's anything like the Para 2 or Gayle Bradley, it could be a few months until you're able to get one. I hesitated as well and will probably be playing the waiting game as well.

Oh well at least it's gonna be a regular production knife and not a sprint, better at a later time then never.

Thats ok Franz, theres nothing wrong with us getting the second run... you know, thats usually when they get to work out the kinks from the first run :p

Thats ok Franz, theres nothing wrong with us getting the second run... you know, thats usually when they get to work out the kinks from the first run :p

That's what i tell myself every time I miss a pre order, but spyderco tends to get it right on the first run just about all the time lol. Especially being a taiwan spydie the southward flipper is gonna be damn good.

Cant wait!!!
1351919002.jpg

Sometimes the first run is the best - Gayle Bradley is an example of that.

Back