Spyderco Bushcraft, thoughts?

I think this knife is a grand slam home run. O1, hardened at this level, IS a "super steel" in terms of both edge holding and toughness for this application. A FFG would also excite me, as long as it doesn't have too much distal taper for this application - that makes me a little nervous working with wood. An example of that would be the BR Northstar. I am nervous about using it too hard in wood, even though it's 3V, because of the thin tip. It's probably fine, but I've snapped tips in other knives without expecting to...

A FFG S90V would be a whole lot of fun!

I've got one with the spalted maple handle, best and most comfortable handle I've ever held, hands down.

I have now had some time to try my bushcraftUK out. I am very impressed with the design now. The handle is very comfy over long periods, and even though I never thought much of the scandi grind, I am a believer now. This grind makes the tip sharp and strong! The g-10 handle is awesome in both geometry and material. I play with it even indoors. :eek:

Sal - Please consider this exact knife, in another steel or two. S90V, 3V, S30V, etc. etc, :) You could easily build a cult like following around this design. I know I would buy them all!!! :D:D:thumbup::thumbup:

Back