Spyderco commercial?

Hi, all, I did a search and couldn't find anything on this topic. I don't have a TV and I was wondering if the Spyderco TV commercial had aired yet, and if so, I would appreciate a synopsis. thanks.

------------------
EdRozen-On the cutting edge of finding out what the cutting edge is....

Ladies and gentlemen, we can all learn a lesson from brother edrozen here. Folks, this is a man that has his priorities straight. He has many knives and yet doesn't have a TV. Think of all the knives you could buy if you'd sell your TV's. And the only reason he asks about TV's is for the Spyderco commercial. What a guy!!!

In all seriousness, I don't know the answer to your question.

All three Spyderco commercials are at the very end of the new Sharpmaker video
smile.gif

Aloha-
Patti

I don't own a TV because it is the beginning of all foolishness; or something like that
confused.gif
And besides, I know how much you guys would miss me

------------------
EdRozen-On the cutting edge of finding out what the cutting edge is....

[This message has been edited by edrozen (edited 04-07-2000).]

I've seen a couple of Spyderco commercials. They were very well done. I haven't seen one for about a year, but I believe that they aired during sport events.

Endrozen - We run them periodically in different locations. TV is very expensive so we're still "testing" the response.

Current "test" is in the Denver area on Cable stations like "Discovery".

sal

Sal, I'm still curious. Can anyone tell me a little bit about the content? thanks.

Ed-

It'd be kind of hard to explain in detail, but here's the general idea.

1. Some lady uses a Cricket to trim some flowers at a flower shop, then shown at home preparing a meal with her husband, Spyderco knives everywhere of course. The whole thing is voiced over.

2. Firemen on the job, employing the Rescue model, may also incorporate other LEO's (from what I can remember) Voiced over, basically touting Spyderco's dependable on-duty excellence.

3. Father and son camping, shows some different models being employed to cut twigs and string. Demonstrates ease of use, i.e. thumbhole and pocket clip.

Now I could be wrong on some of the details, it's been a while since I've watched them. That's the general idea, though. They are well done and portray the company in a positive light, really emphasizing real world functionality and convenience(sp?)of their products. The message I got as a loyal TV viewer was basically this: at home, work, or play, Spyderco knives are reliable, easy to use, and effective.

BTW- there is no content in any of the three commercials that might raise the eyebrows of the knife-unfriendly. Spyderco does an excellent job of showing the knives in a practical manner.

clip

Back