Spyderco Delica w/profile MODIFICATION...

Take a Spyderco Delica and lay a Paramilitary'esque profile over the liners so that all the original hardware is used to perform the resulting scale swap and you end up with this... the Lil'Para.

Now... I am aware that this alteration will not appeal to the fanatic Delica owners... I'm not attempting to change anyone's opinions nor denigrating the classic Delica profile... it's just the result of some CAD play with my Delica files.
vhzGmfL.jpg

mOW0XVi.jpg

OTCL7nR.jpg

VIrlQ0T.jpg

PQ7pg92.jpg

oy9qfgb.jpg

aTziBe7.jpg
I'm interested in this look for my Delica. Is that available to me ? Looks awesome.

Take a Spyderco Delica and lay a Paramilitary'esque profile over the liners so that all the original hardware is used
Take a Spyderco Delica and lay a Paramilitary'esque profile over the liners so that all the original hardware is used to perform the resulting scale swap and you end up with this... the Lil'Para.

Now... I am aware that this alteration will not appeal to the fanatic Delica owners... I'm not attempting to change anyone's opinions nor denigrating the classic Delica profile... it's just the result of some CAD play with my Delica files.
vhzGmfL.jpg

mOW0XVi.jpg

OTCL7nR.jpg

VIrlQ0T.jpg

PQ7pg92.jpg

oy9qfgb.jpg

aTziBe7.jpg
I'm interested in this look for my Delica. Is that available to me ? Looks awesome

I'm interested in this look for my Delica. Is that available to me ? Looks awesome.

Hello Lou,

Initially the Delica profile modification design was a straight swap of scales and used ALL stock hardware. I called it the NoMOD Delica/Lil'Para. Then the profile design was further tweaked to more closely resemble the PM2 which included a choil. That required the modifying of the stainless steel liners slightly. A small amount of the nose on the liners needs to be ground off to allow the liners to nest into the new profiled liner pocket. I call this design the GrindMOD Delica/Lil'Para.

Fast forward in time and based on the popularity of the GrindMOD Delica/Lil'Para over the NoMOD Delica/Lil'Para... I no longer machine the NoMOD version... I only machine the GrindMOD version.

Check out my FLICKR page... you can see several different GrindMOD Delica/Lil'Para's as well as my other work... https://www.flickr.com/photos/mica17/

Steve

Hello Lou,

Initially the Delica profile modification design was a straight swap of scales and used ALL stock hardware. I called it the NoMOD Delica/Lil'Para. Then the profile design was further tweaked to more closely resemble the PM2 which included a choil. That required the modifying of the stainless steel liners slightly. A small amount of the nose on the liners needs to be ground off to allow the liners to nest into the new profiled liner pocket. I call this design the GrindMOD Delica/Lil'Para.

Fast forward in time and based on the popularity of the GrindMOD Delica/Lil'Para over the NoMOD Delica/Lil'Para... I no longer machine the NoMOD version... I only machine the GrindMOD version.

Check out my FLICKR page... you can see several different GrindMOD Delica/Lil'Para's as well as my other work... https://www.flickr.com/photos/mica17/

Steve
The black with red liners is what I'm interested in.

Lou...

Just to be clear... I no longer machine the No Mod design... I only machine the GrindMod. The black textured G10 w/red liners you saw is a No Mod...
KPieJHn.jpg

This is a black/orange G10 combo GrindMod Delica/Lil'Para.
Simple enough to machine a set of GrindMod scales in the black/red G10 combo...
eAzb6Av.jpg

So, what's the next step ? Prices ? Payment ? Availability ? Shipping address ?

Ah... as you may have already learned I'm shutting down the shop to prepare for and take an epic cross country motorcycle trip. At least that was the plan. A jury duty summons has thrown a wrench into the works. I'm still shutting down... just might not be going anywhere...

Ah... as you may have already learned I'm shutting down the shop to prepare for and take an epic cross country motorcycle trip. At least that was the plan. A jury duty summons has thrown a wrench into the works. I'm still shutting down... just might not be going anywhere...
"Jury summons? What jury summons? I didn't get no jury summons." If USPS can lose a box with a knife in it, they can certainly lose an envelope. :D

Being a former LEO with the Orange County Sheriff/Coroner I'm an inveterate rule follower... always have been... however I'm not the one that received that summons. One of our four that were going on this trip got the notice. Not only that but his brother was also going on the trip. When the one brother pulled out due to the summons... the other bailed too...! So... trip has been cancelled for now. I'm still going to take some time off... maybe develop some new products...

Being a former LEO with the Orange County Sheriff/Coroner I'm an inveterate rule follower... always have been... however I'm not the one that received that summons. One of our four that were going on this trip got the notice. Not only that but his brother was also going on the trip. When the one brother pulled out due to the summons... the other bailed too...! So... trip has been cancelled for now. I'm still going to take some time off... maybe develop some new products...

I'd be willing to send you some Spydies to help develop some of your new products....:)

I'd be willing to send you some Spydies to help develop some of your new products....:)

Jonny... maybe the large Sebenza back spacer can be a time filler... IF you are still willing to loan yours out for the workup...???

For certain I will be machining some carbon fiber sculpted pocket clips once I begin to receive feedback and make any changes needed.

Jonny... maybe the large Sebenza back spacer can be a time filler... IF you are still willing to loan yours out for the workup...???

For certain I will be machining some carbon fiber sculpted pocket clips once I begin to receive feedback and make any changes needed.

I wouldn't mind sending you my large Insingo so you can make some large backspacers. Just let me know when you need it...

This particular knife just moved on to a Forum member. I hope to get additional feedback as it gets put to use with regards to the Moonglow back spacer and sculpted pocket clip.

h9ZKO2Z.jpg

gf0dYfz.jpg

7kdrUU8.jpg

qTVp5lO.jpg

I'm liking the custom sculpted clips and could use one on the grind mod relics I bought from you!

Back