1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Spyderco Delica w/Lil'Para profile MODIFICATION...

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by BOOMER52, Apr 25, 2016.

1. BOOMER52

BOOMER52 CNC Custom Scalesmaker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 27, 2013
    Yes... it's smooth and flush... but doesn't show up well in the one pic I took...
    [​IMG]

uxo2 and mattmanyam like this.
  2. BOOMER52

Feb 27, 2013
    A recent request came in to slightly alter the butt of the Lil'Para to more resemble the Dragonfly 2's. The requester desired that flowing line of the DF2 butt profile and closed blade be brought to the larger Delica/Lil'Para... with a secondary want of reducing butt pocket protrusion while employing a deep carry pocket clip. The attached vector drawing and CAD renders are the result...

A prototype machining will follow shortly...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. uxo2

uxo2 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2013
    Are you opening your book any time soon?

4. fng5

fng5

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes, I’d like to know as well.

5. BOOMER52

Feb 27, 2013
    I recently broke my left elbow, left wrist and also tore ligaments in the wrist. The recovery and healing is going more slowly than I'd like... with a prognosis of several months yet for full recovery. Lots of physical rehab with more to look forward to. Actually I do not look forward to those session as they are torturous. I just got out of the wrist cast last Thursday and I have zero strength and very little ability to move my wrist. Ligaments have no vascular supply and are very slow to heal so I'm told.

I need to regain sufficient strength and dexterity to have the ability to tighten and loosen the spindle collet for changing bits. That's my short term goal. It's going to be a week to week deal for just when I will be able to accomplish that. I have a couple of jobs on the whiteboard that I have been relying on a friend to do the physical stuff so that I can machine and complete those requests. Not ideal... but it's better than total entropy.

I will certainly post when I'm back up and running and my books reopen...

uxo2 likes this.
  6. abbazaba

abbazaba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015
    Sorry to hear Steve! I hope you are right handed and heal soon!

7. uxo2

uxo2 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2013
    Sorry to hear of your injuries.
    Get well soon.