Spyderco Delica w/profile MODIFICATION...

It would be nice, but not really necessary. If you hold one you might see how it feels natural, just as a shallow choil.
Even some of the factory knives, like certain variations of the Rescue for example, had almost a flat section on the ricasso after the handle choil, similar to what we have here. And that knife feels great in-hand and operates well.

But, like Sharp Guy showed, with the proper tools you can always mod the blade also if you feel the need, just don't cook the steel.
No need to modify the blade at all in my opinion. May not look normal, but feels just fine.

Knockout look. :)

Great design, congratulations on a well carried out project.
I got tired of the "old looking" handle shape on my Delicas and stopped carrying them. I want that handle.

What's the "ballpark" cost for this mod? Just curious. If it's been stated and I missed it, I apologize.

EDIT: Thanks Boomer52, for the PM.

Last edited:
Just thinking (that may be dangerous):D
You may not need the liners on this knife with the slabs of G10 in place. G10 is much stronger than FRN. I don't think anyone will be batoning with this beautiful knife.

Great Work!

Boomer,

Your work is downright awesome! Would you ever consider a similar mod for the Endura?

Boomer,

Your work is downright awesome! Would you ever consider a similar mod for the Endura?

Thanks... this Delica was a collaborative work. Member suggestions got it to this point.

I think there is room for some profile modifications to the Endura... it's just finding time to play around in CAD and seeing what's possible. The weeks following Christmas are typically my slow period and I have time for design work and developing new models. MAYBE it could happen then...

Steve

If anyone is sill on the fence about getting a set of these scales you need to jump off of the fence and get an email out to Boomer ASAP! The fit and finish on these scales is phenomenal. I'm working or my next color combo already. Thanks Boomer. Keep up the great work!

I've now machined ALL of the liner color options for the GrindMod Delica/Lil'Para and I thought I'd put photos of those colors in one place... toxic green, royal blue, coyote brown, OD green and jade, orange, and red...

fhGnQ5j.jpg

uqCJtZn.jpg

Mj8M5Ls.jpg

QnMcUnj.jpg

ex2Ly9s.jpg

iIgRMKk.jpg

bFZaxV3.jpg

lSEFQHn.jpg

dMJzW2m.jpg

itFxpHV.jpg

Q7NGkg0.jpg

CK95Qng.jpg

KPieJHn.jpg

Last edited:
Got mine today and installed them immediately. I'm not particularly handy but the mod was easy with a sharpie and a Dremel with a cutting wheel. Dealing with the tiny screws was more difficult than the mod. The second pic shows one liner marked for cutting but not yet done.

87b8a268f3c8d3fc894168be2cc492a2.jpg
f2dda382052f57f80ff29a859bb5419d.jpg
b4d4af0dec3d9c7de986f068282d0c45.jpg
5a7d0aec3c0f77cb93c59fdaa79da084.jpg
b382db93e6cb72bea618ed4322615790.jpg
341d542db84b4071c55cb18cbc434f3e.jpg
2769217c8584d5aac8e8b24aea42183a.jpg
115aca4ad1d30dca2aa8f154698c4290.jpg

Kevin... from the last photo... it looks like you had the proper lubrication for this modification...! I hope the new scales serve you well...!

All jade scales and a black or blue backspacer would look awesome. You could see through it to the steel liners.

Kevin... from the last photo... it looks like you had the proper lubrication for this modification...! I hope the new scales serve you well...!

Yes sir. The mod was super easy. You did an excellent job on this design and execution. I am likely going to order another set when you get the red liners and back spacer material in stock. Hard to decide between that and orange when you're a VFL like me.

Back