Spyderco Delica w/profile MODIFICATION...

I'm liking the custom sculpted clips and could use one on the grind mod relics I bought from you!

Thanks... the G10 sculpted clips are still in the prototype stage. I have several in the hands of Forum users and I'm tweaking the design based on input as it comes in. Once I lock down the machining files the clips will show up the Exchange occasionally in small lots. These aren't an item I would be able to machine per individual requests.

This is something different... GrindMod Delica/Lil'Para in jade G10 w/Combat Blast texture. There are Moonglow inserts that sit in a pocket between the stainless liners and the jade surface. Black canvas Micarta back spacer and charcoal G10 sculpted pocket clip.

In the second to last photo the camera captured a totally unexpected light quality going on within and upon the jade G10 scale. It glows really brightly when charged by sunlight...

TXp8TPZ.jpg

1xi4e6J.jpg

Tn74pF9.jpg

4ZX49Ue.jpg

TqAaq92.jpg

RDQIMyi.jpg

itlxwZU.jpg

Just thinking about what else might have visual appeal as an insert in the translucent jade scale...

I think colored inserts might look good... but I also think you could do lettering or graphics... I suppose you could combine the Moonglow insert with cutout lettering or graphics.

The pic below is the shape of the nested insert in the ghost glow scales I just posted up... not all that much real estate to play with and the shape is fairly limiting. I'll try one of these or maybe both since the pocket clip obscures a great deal on that side...

9CEd12j.png

I machined the the inserts I referred to in the previous post and they are a bit disappointing once installed. Due to the stainless liners not being skeletonized more... the effect of transmitted light is all too subtle. It just doesn't POP like I wanted. So... pretty much a good idea poorly executed. As seen in the reflected light pics the effect all but disappears.

v7gC8gM.jpg

okrcJN0.jpg

jl87dLf.jpg

uHXYYNf.jpg

Incredibly Awesome work sir,
Very sorry your trip didn't work out
I am still very much enjoying the punisher scales you made for my Emerson.

I have three Delica's and may just have to order a lil para set for one of them
Not very good at grinding, If I sent you my liners with a scale order, would you be able to mod them for me?

Are you taking orders, or are you still closing up shio for a time?

Yeah... that trip has been cancelled... but I'm working on another multi-state motorcycle trip that starts a bit later in the summer... we'll see.

At this point I'm not taking on requests. I'm using the time to develop new projects and thanks to Forum brother 91bravo I will soon be receiving his Large Sebenza to scan and develop the CAD/CAM files needed for back spacers and a CF stepped lanyard pin.

I would absolutely modify your Delica to accept the Lil'Para scales once I get back to operating... that's something I do at no charge.

Steve

Thanks for the response
You going to announce here on the forum when you are back open for orders?
if so I'll be on the lookout, I absolutely love the Jade with the moon glow insert
Thanks again for your fine work

Same jade G10 set of scales in the previous posts... I just gave up on the insert idea and removed them. Due to the now empty insert pockets the G10 has greater translucency so the stainless liners show really well.

With the hollow pockets the knife now feels very similar to a lightweight Manix 2 or lightweight Native 5. You can easily discriminate the lighter feel.

rwOJzmW.jpg

RCBxxw6.jpg

UV1pzwF.jpg

0lvtSIU.jpg

V4Eo2tk.jpg

IqKgIv9.jpg

AEQOcsa.jpg

wDuY5fr.jpg

sn8t0bQ.jpg

These are the charcoal G10 FlintKnap scales again and originally I experimented with a Moonglow back spacer and charcoal G10 sculpted pocket clip. Well... the Moonglow back spacer didn't work out. It eventually fractured... which is a shame because it really looked terrific. Anyway... this go around I went with toxic green for the back spacer and the sculpted pocket clip.

It must be the way I light my photo box because the charcoal G10 appears darker than it is. It's supposed to be a battleship gray but appears to be much darker... almost black in my photos.

It's going in the Exchange...

U6Zx9cR.jpg

8123wRx.jpg

wPIoxe0.jpg

AvYkyKG.jpg

AcSVkcO.jpg

QN5Z3Ae.jpg

Ms0Ljuv.jpg

Ooh, like that Charcoal. Hey Boomer as others have stated, can we get a "BACK IN BUSINESS!!!!!" post here so we can bombard your with orders when you get back from your hiatus?

Yeah... I'll announce it here and elsewhere.

Taking time to work on some stuff I just can't get to when I'm machining the requests that come in. The shop is still material poor as I let the inventory dwindle knowing I was shutting down for a spell. Before I get ops back up and running I'll also need to make a large materials and tooling order.

Yeah... I'll announce it here and elsewhere.

Taking time to work on some stuff I just can't get to when I'm machining the requests that come in. The shop is still material poor as I let the inventory dwindle knowing I was shutting down for a spell. Before I get ops back up and running I'll also need to make a large materials and tooling order.
Hopefully your plans work out from here on out, enjoy your hiatus.

Take a Spyderco Delica and lay a Paramilitary'esque profile over the liners so that all the original hardware is used to perform the resulting scale swap and you end up with this... the Lil'Para.

Now... I am aware that this alteration will not appeal to the fanatic Delica owners... I'm not attempting to change anyone's opinions nor denigrating the classic Delica profile... it's just the result of some CAD play with my Delica files.
vhzGmfL.jpg

mOW0XVi.jpg

OTCL7nR.jpg

VIrlQ0T.jpg

PQ7pg92.jpg

oy9qfgb.jpg

aTziBe7.jpg
Take a Spyderco Delica and lay a Paramilitary'esque profile over the liners so that all the original hardware is used to perform the resulting scale swap and you end up with this... the Lil'Para.

Now... I am aware that this alteration will not appeal to the fanatic Delica owners... I'm not attempting to change anyone's opinions nor denigrating the classic Delica profile... it's just the result of some CAD play with my Delica files.
vhzGmfL.jpg

mOW0XVi.jpg

OTCL7nR.jpg

VIrlQ0T.jpg

PQ7pg92.jpg

oy9qfgb.jpg

aTziBe7.jpg
Hello, can I order from you such scales in russia?

Back