Spyderco Delica w/profile MODIFICATION...

You should be able to contact me by clicking on my Forum handle 'BOOMER52'... a pop up window should show up and there will be an option to SEND MESSAGE.

As far as a page for option details... I do not have a website... I just occasionally post photos of project results on several Forums. What I do have is an archive of past projects... it can found here... https://www.flickr.com/photos/mica17/

Shameless plug....

E9Xwvpr.jpg

You should be able to contact me by clicking on my Forum handle 'BOOMER52'... a pop up window should show up and there will be an option to SEND MESSAGE.

As far as a page for option details... I do not have a website... I just occasionally post photos of project results on several Forums. What I do have is an archive of past projects... it can found here... https://www.flickr.com/photos/mica17/

Thanks for the info, I like the 'combat blast pattern' detailed on your flickr page. Unfortunately I am unable to send you a message from the pop-up (the available options include Profile Page, Gift Membership, Media Page, Albums Page, Unfollow, Ignore, View Trading Profile). If possible it would probably be easiest to get in touch via email for me if you have available time.

Here's my email... sbutcher1552 AT yahoo DOT com

Remove the spaces and replace the 'AT' with @ ... and 'DOT' with .

I resisted for the longest time machining carbon fiber scales for a whole host of reasons... but over the past several years I've incorporated the machining of carbon fiber back spacers and more recently... carbon fiber pocket clips. It's just a short jump to move on to the machining of scales...

These are 1 X 1 checkerboard LVA carbon fiber scales and back spacer with a combat burst texture. Try as I might... i was unable to capture the 3D optical illusion the carbon fiber presents. In fact the illusion seen in the below photos makes the CF appear as if it is heavily splintered.

SQZs4pK.jpg

T5HZ2jn.jpg

tw9Bia8.jpg

H3zgd37.jpg

hv8Obnl.jpg

tbZrtqd.jpg

eWQxp99.jpg

It's about time you started some CF! I remember asking you years back, but you weren't milling it at the time. This is great work Steve!

Latest mod to the GrindMod series which includes the Delica/Lil'Para and the Verrazano is a flatter reshaping of the domed D-bolts.

I started reprofiling them on the last knife completed. I take the more hemispherical stock shape and file it to a flatter profile. They then get emery clothed and finally buffed out on the wheel to a high polish.

It's a small modification but to my eye gives a nice improvement in the presentation side hardware's appearance.

IUj42Ki.jpg

FwQkdBX.jpg

nJwjaLZ.jpg

Jf0HrFw.jpg

F8CJFgN.jpg

VKzVb8F.jpg

Back