Spyderco Delica w/profile MODIFICATION...

Great looking mod! My right hand is much worse for wear, so this should help a bunch. Email sent.

Finally got around to grinding down the tip of my Delica liners on the Hap40. This was my first time even taking a knife apart and it was easy as pie.

The scales turned out perfect, they were an experiment from Boomer but it ended up exactly how I wanted it to. Now it needs a Casey Lynch clip.

Untitled by Josh, on Flickr

Wow! Looks great!!

I just got home from vacation and had a set of the G10 scales waiting for me in the mailbox. I'm looking forward to converting the donor Delica I bought into a Lil Para.

i just put it together and can get better light pictures tomorrow and adjust screws but very happy with the look.

20160610_124626_zpsdb9fbore.jpg

cac2a73a-a2ce-4bbc-9f86-b82e129f91f6_zpstuhkqadl.jpg

I think the scales turned out great!! A big shout out to Steve for doing fabulous work!

For those interested in the grind mod version of these scales but are hesitant to cut the corner off the liners for the choil, it's very easy. All I did was lay one of the uncut liners in the new scale and pushed the d-pins through holes in the scale and liner to line everything up. Then I took small scale ruler and laid it on the liner and drew a line from corner to corner of the liner recess in the scale below with a fine-point Sharpie. I taped both liners together with electrical tape and used a couple quick clamps to hold it to the front of my work bench. I cut the liners with a cut off wheel on my rotary tool then I used a 7/8 dia. grinding wheel to grind the radius. You can cut the liner straight but I'm a bit of a perfectionist and wanted it to match the contour of the scale inside. Modding the liners only took about 15 min total including prep work.

20160610_002230_zpsyogfctwq.jpg

20160610_003409_zpslepuzzqh.jpg

Last edited:
Wow ,

These are great looking scales .
I'm personally not a fan of choil's , but credit where credit is due , these are a great option for those that are .
I take my hat off to you BOOMER52 great work .

Ken

Nice, but it would be great if the blade is modified to so it has the finger choil

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Nice, but it would be great if the blade is modified to so it has the finger choil

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

It would be nice, but not really necessary. If you hold one you might see how it feels natural, just as a shallow choil.
Even some of the factory knives, like certain variations of the Rescue for example, had almost a flat section on the ricasso after the handle choil, similar to what we have here. And that knife feels great in-hand and operates well.

But, like Sharp Guy showed, with the proper tools you can always mod the blade also if you feel the need, just don't cook the steel.

For those that wish to pursue the modifying of the ricasso to improve the choil interaction... be aware that the blade stop in the closed position relies on the ricasso or at least a contact portion of the ricasso.

K0haTFT.jpg

Mine are on the way and should be here Monday! Thanks again for the excellent comms Boomer!

For those that wish to pursue the modifying of the ricasso to improve the choil interaction... be aware that the blade stop in the closed position relies on the ricasso or at least a contact portion of the ricasso.

K0haTFT.jpg

Good point, gotta retain the kick.

Back