Spyderco drunken release dates

I have searched and searched and can't find anything on the topic pertinent to this question.
Does anyone know when they might release these?

I have searched and searched and can't find anything on the topic pertinent to this question.
You haven't searched enough ;)

I believe Mr Blonde said that the models debuted mid year release later in the year.

Best way to know when a model is close to being released is to keep an eye out for Collector's Club versions on ebay since those always ship first, and to subscribe to the Spyderco 2018 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming thread so you're notified when new models are posted there as shipping to dealers.

Just trying to guage to get finances in order for when they drop. Thanks

Yall think it will be this year minus any delays?

Just trying to guage to get finances in order for when they drop. Thanks

Yall think it will be this year minus any delays?
They were saying it takes alot of time on the cnc machines to do the milling. Who knows. I'm still waiting for knives announced last year.

I kinda would like to see when knives are announced will be ready in a shorter time. So they should just wait to announce them.

I kinda would like to see when knives are announced will be ready in a shorter time. So they should just wait to announce them.
They have to build hype. The wait sucks but many different industries do this.

Yea, that's smart, let it eat at you till there is nothing left but a pile of money

In production there are always delays. On top of that Spyderco is not manufacturing these at their facility in Golden but rather they are being made by contract by another maker. If Spyderco cannot be certain when they will receive them from that maker then they cannot be certain when we will have them made available to us.

They need to be made, then they need to pass the makers QC, then they need to be shipped half way around the planet, then they have to go through Spyderco's QC, then they must be distributed to dealers and then we can buy them. There are a number of opportunities for delays and setting a specific release date is going to do nothing but cause disappointment for some folks. Even if you set the date way out and then deliver early some folks will be upset that they were not prepared for it to drop early. Setting it too early and having delays will upset the majority of folks who are accustomed to instant gratification and are too impatient to wait. You could always set the date way out so that you have them early and then sit on them until the release date but then you have capital tied up and that is bad for business usually.

I am glad you are excited about this drop and I am trying to help but unfortunately there is no easy answer to this one IMO.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time.”
John Lydgate

Very good explanation of the process. Sometime we have to be reminded of all the nuances since we have been made to be so used to instant gratification like you said.

They have to build hype. The wait sucks but many different industries do this.

Yeah, but there's a point of diminishing returns where if you build hype long enough, people burn out and spend their money on shiny things they notice in the meantime.

just heard from a retailer, the first shipment is under way.

Back