Spyderco Embassy Auto C121P? Plunger lock ?

Has anyone personally used this knife or know of anyone who has?

I'm seriously considering this folder as my next EDC and would like some informed opinions about it (or not so informed :) ).

Closed size is 4.2" with a plain blade. Looks good, only weighs 3.7oz and has an auto assist feature.

Secondly, what is this plunger lock and how strong is it?

Thanks
Rob

We've owned one, it's a good little knife, with the following caveat: Unless you're a LEO (Law Enforcement Officer) or Active Duty Military, you will not receive any support or warranty service from Spyderco. We own many, many Spyderco's but not this one...

Last edited:
We've owned one, it's a good little knife, with the following caveat: Unless you're a LEO (Law Enforcement Officer) or Active Duty Military, you will not receive any support or warranty service from Spyderco. We own many, many Spyderco's but not this one...

Hmm, very interesting.

Now I'll assume this is Spyderco's way of limiting liability due to the knife's Auto open function?

any feedback on the plungerlock and it's effectiveness?

Thank you for the reply btw.

We're guessing that it's part of their GSA contract terms (not to sell to civilians).

The plunger lock is quite functional, works excellent and both the Citadel and the Embassy are well designed.

The plunger is actually a common method, used by the likes of Dalton, ProTech & MicroTech among others. We believe they also use coil spring to fire/open them.

Happy to help :cool:

My 92mm Citadel has a bit of vertical play in it's lock-up. Side to side is dead tight but the lock, while holding firmly is just a tad loose.
The Benchmade auto I owned had the same style plunger lock and had no play in any direction. (I hand selected it from a store and it seemed most of their auto's had side to side, blade play no matter what the brand)

I got to play with some embassys and citadels at the gun show in town today. Prices were consistently in the $175 range. I like the handle design of the citadels but not sure on the embassy. Has sort of an unfinished look to it, which I kind of liked but i just wasn't sure vs. the citadel

Great blade shape and effective cutter, small enough to go "unnoticed" when the auto opening might be a problem

i just got the embassy a few days ago, lock up it tight/no blade play in any direction, sharp as hell. i love the look and feel of the handle. currently my edc

Back