Spyderco Endura/Kintai Profile MOD

I've applied a similar profile modification to the Endura that I did with the Delica/Verrazano. I'm calling it the Kintai. It so far exists only in digital form... I've yet to machine a set. That will happen shortly... hopefully prior to my taking the month of July off.

I won't be able to evaluate any ergonomics until I get an assembled set on the knife and in hand. I'm thinking carbon fiber for the initial set OR sets.

I whipped up a few CAD renders in differing textures to evaluate over the next few weeks and see if I still like them with the passage of time...

Wn0OKTh.png

DUXLP57.png

Cl2tBLM.png

SHXU4Z8.png

aYbcdDl.png

fch0igy.png

Last edited:
Is that a choil added on?
Yes it is, just like on his Verrazano mod for the Delica.

These look great, I have the Lil Para on my Delica ZDP, when I get a ZDP Endura I will definitely want one of these mods.

Was waiting to see the mockup ^. The long straight bottom portion of the handle compliments the long straight spine of the blade. A great design.

Looks great. I always admire your work. Does that fan texture abrade the pocket?

Looks great. I always admire your work. Does that fan texture abrade the pocket?
The sunburst pattern does not tear the pockets up. It's a softer G10 on my Delica.

Last edited:
Reactions: AF
Really looking forward to seeing the final product! Enjoy your month off!

I just ordered fan blast in OD Green G10 for a Delica. Will be my first from Steve! All his work looks great!

Chris D. :D

Any update on this one? I'd be interested in ordering a set of fan blast to match my Delica you did :)
No update on these.

I haven't had time to machine a set to proof the g-code. Not certain just when that might happen. If I could make time I do that instead of machining scales...!:D

Back