Spyderco Fakes & Knock Offs Info

Phillll sent me all of the correspondence from the guy and it was whacked out. :eek: Just got my money back and called it a day. I know I should mess up his feedback but I know it would just bite me in the butt. I've got too many knives to sell and been out of work for too long to burn that bridge.

You would not be messing up his feedback, he did that by selling you a fake spyderco. It's almost irresponsible to not say so in his feedback? You know the quote, "All it takes for evil to triumph, is for a good man to do nothing." The dillweed keeps sending me messages even though I had eBay block him. How he got around it is beyond me. We need to be stand together. Too bad there is no code guru here that would help take up arms...

You would not be messing up his feedback, he did that by selling you a fake spyderco. It's almost irresponsible to not say so in his feedback? You know the quote, "All it takes for evil to triumph, is for a good man to do nothing." The dillweed keeps sending me messages even though I had eBay block him. How he got around it is beyond me. We need to be stand together. Too bad there is no code guru here that would help take up arms...

I don't need that douchebag hassling me. As far as doing nothing, I gave you all a heads up and now he's sending nasty messages. I don't need that crap. Believe me, I've got more than enough hassles to deal with. And if you don't believe me I'll PM you some photos of my newest surgeries. "Dillweed's" messages will start looking better. ;)

I don't need that douchebag hassling me. As far as doing nothing, I gave you all a heads up and now he's sending nasty messages. I don't need that crap. Believe me, I've got more than enough hassles to deal with. And if you don't believe me I'll PM you some photos of my newest surgeries. "Dillweed's" messages will start looking better. ;)

LOL Fair enough. You get yourself better. I just found myself a new hobby. ;)

Take a look at this?
c021e212jw1edhh5vnk1aj20im300dum.jpg

And the actual address below.
http://weibo.com/3223446034/AwuxQB3E1

Just want to share its ridiculous data with you guys LOL

The Chinese characters on that post basically mean:
"Spyderco C36 folding knife Generation II, with 3 colorations.
Price: ¥160 (estimated less than $30 ).
Over all length: 236mm;
Blade length: 90mm;
Closed length: 140mm;
Blade width: 32mm;
Blade thickness: 3.5mm;
Blade material: 5Cr13Mov (LMAO here);
Weight: 125g;
Hrc: 57;
Finish: Satin
Lock type: Linear"

And by asking the guy who tweets these can literally get the link to buy one at that price.
Enormous fake models from that blogger dudes, it is a dungeon of these knick offs.

Just joined the forum and real glad I found this thread. I recently picked up a new Southard from a reputable Canadian dealer but I really went over it with a magnifying glass. I am sure I have

the real deal with mine. Also have a Viele I picked up some years ago and am now looking at a Military. Must suck the big one for Spyderco to have to deal with this crap on a daily basis. China is

the biggest counterfeiting country in the world. Knives are just a fraction of what they do. I saw a Breitling watch that was almost impossible to tell from the real thing.

Just joined the forum and real glad I found this thread. I recently picked up a new Southard from a reputable Canadian dealer but I really went over it with a magnifying glass. I am sure I have

the real deal with mine. Also have a Viele I picked up some years ago and am now looking at a Military. Must suck the big one for Spyderco to have to deal with this crap on a daily basis. China is

the biggest counterfeiting country in the world. Knives are just a fraction of what they do. I saw a Breitling watch that was almost impossible to tell from the real thing.

Just bought a PM2 from a reputable dealer in the US recently and went through the same fears initially. It's definitely the real deal though.

I honestly don't mind that a design be copied as long as the brand is different and the item is not sold as the original. It's when these Chinese guys put on the original logo and branding and try to sell it as the real deal that it becomes fraud and thievery. That's also when it hurts the original designer/manufacturer.

These copies are getting scary good.

I contacted a seller on ebay regarding a "Spyderco Southard" he had listed with carbon fiber scales. The seller responded to my questions of its authenticity, saying that it was a real Spyderco Southard with Carbon Fiber scales. Well, I had not done my research, and didn't know that there were no factory CF scaled Southards. So, I purchased this knife with buy it now for $109.99, thinking I was getting a deal. After the purchase, I did the research I should've done before clicking the "buy it now". Then I contacted the seller, requested my money back, and told him he was selling Chinese knockoffs.
He played dumb, but issued the refund, then re-listed the knife here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/161241728997?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2661&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
He is also selling a brown-scaled Southard, which is probably a fake too. Beware. I learned my lesson. I can't believe how good these copies are. I haven't purchased a Spyderco in about a year (I own about 30 of them), and was surprised, and honestly disappointed, to see that this Southard is being made in Taiwan, with an MSRP of $419.95. I was always proud to pull out my knife in front of my friends, family or co-workers and flash the "Golden, CO Earth" tang stamp. I will continue to purchase the Spyderco knives made in the USA, if they still exist.

I recently purchased a Spyderco PM2 off amazon and while its a great knife, and cannot help but feel I may have a fake on my hands. Just a few minor quirks/quality issues that make me feel this way, especially considering the price of this knife.

Issues I've found with mine:
1. I know this is a problem with PM2, but theres a lot of blade play on my knife side to side.
2. Right by the spydie hole finger hole, where the blade steps down going towards the tip, the step down is more prominent on one side than the other. See pic below- left side is almost completely flat, while the right side steps down as it goes towards the tip
3. The compression lock sticks when i need to depress it to close the knife
4. One side of the liners has small nick right at the edge, not sure if its just mine or all of them come like this. (Picture below)

I recently purchased a Spyderco PM2 off amazon and while its a great knife, and cannot help but feel I may have a fake on my hands. Just a few minor quirks/quality issues that make me feel this way, especially considering the price of this knife.

Issues I've found with mine:
1. I know this is a problem with PM2, but theres a lot of blade play on my knife side to side.
2. Right by the spydie hole finger hole, where the blade steps down going towards the tip, the step down is more prominent on one side than the other. See pic below- left side is almost completely flat, while the right side steps down as it goes towards the tip
3. The compression lock sticks when i need to depress it to close the knife
4. One side of the liners has small nick right at the edge, not sure if its just mine or all of them come like this. (Picture below)

All real PM2's have that "small nick" you mentioned. The real way to tell is look at the liners, if they are milled out, it is probably real. Also if the Jimping on the top of the blade is angled back and cut with a V shape rather than a U shape and the Torx screw sizes are different sizes, it's real.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394326509.155131.jpg
umevuzyh.jpg

Crazy. Two people asked if it was authentic, and the seller lied to both of them. How do they get away with this sh**?

Back