Spyderco Fakes & Knock Offs Info

There's a new version of the fake paramilitary 2 on aliexpress, it has 2 milled out holes in the steel liners instead of the one and the jimping looks more like the real one! They're gettin closer and closer to the real one :L

The "average" person has no idea that knives cost upwards of what they see at Wal-Mart or Big 5 sporting good stores. Some coworkers about fainted when they overheard my friend mention what he paid for his Delica. The average knife collector should already know that if a deal is too good to be true it usually is. Buying from a reputable vendor is the only way to go. If an item is priced above our means, then we need to learn to either save up for it or move along somehow without it. Unfortunately there are people that disregard their common sense and insist on buying something for much less than what the actual cost is. In some cases it is entitlement, in other cases it's denial, in every case this is theft. Now, you've been here a while, do you think pot metal steel can cut as well as a highly refined alloy such as CTS-204P? Good question to ask yourself.

i avoid too good to be true but i search high and low for a good deal, that maybe $20 difference. Then i research the vendor and see if they have a rep for bad items.

I'm waiting on a Vallotton from amazon, amazon llc right now. $175 shipped, $20 better than many places and i usually dont fret it, but yesterday i was not in the market for a knife at all, saw it, had to have it.

Here's something I haven't seen before... fakes shipping from Japan

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-Br...-204P-Titanium-Knife-From-Japan-/161266580907

Can you tell if his other Spyderco knives are fakes? I find it hard to trust anyone that has knockoffs or downright fakes for sale. This seller also has a Loveless for $5,500. the finish on the Loveless looks grainy to me but now I do not trust the seller. http://www.ebay.com/itm/R-W-Loveles...001?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item258b519ab9
Dennis aka nifman

Can you tell if his other Spyderco knives are fakes? I find it hard to trust anyone that has knockoffs or downright fakes for sale. This seller also has a Loveless for $5,500. the finish on the Loveless looks grainy to me but now I do not trust the seller. http://www.ebay.com/itm/R-W-Loveles...001?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item258b519ab9
Dennis aka nifman

Real or not, that is the most colossal waste of $5,500 I have ever seen. Don't gemme wrong, a nice custom blade is sweet and can, and should fetch a steep price. But a generic looking Elmer Fudd knife with a mediocre steel? I just don't get it :confused:

The orange Military and the Domino look fake but that all black PM2 in your last post would fool me as legit.

I just reported the two Militarys on the "auction site" It appears to me they don't care about copy rights...

The orange Military and the Domino look fake but that all black PM2 in your last post would fool me as legit.

That's because they used a stock photo from another site/vendor. The fact that it's $50 and from Hong Kong is the real give away.

Check this seller out.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-Pa...950?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item3f341d7f0e

Hes selling para 2's for $99 and claiming they are OEM straight from the factory.
"Brand New In Box Straight From the Manufacturer! You are getting a genuine OEM Spyderco, knife shipped will be exactly what is desribed and with the specs below. "

Eight people have already bought it and theres 51 people watching this item. Imagine how many of these fakes are out there now and people are believing they are real.

Those digi-cam p2's are hard to tell without close up pics. However, if you look at other items from that seller, they are clearly fake, so I wouldn't trust them. If anyone is trying to buy a P2 or Military on ebay, do a quick google image search of the pics....if they link you to aliexpress, its probably a fake! The low-life people that sell fakes are dumb, and just copy/paste pictures from the web.

That's because they used a stock photo from another site/vendor. The fact that it's $50 and from Hong Kong is the real give away.
Ah,gotcha. So they're just bold-faced lying with these items huh? Wow these guys are something else. I stay away from ebay when it comes to knives. I stick to reputable online dealers or local stores.

I saw this, almost bought one myself. Rule of thumb "if it looks too good to be true walk away"

There are good sellers on Ebay. Don't condemn the whole source just because there are some bad seeds. Use common sense. I've bought tons of Spydies off the bay and have never gotten a fake. But then I bought one off of Amazon and was shipped a 100% fake knife. I think Amazon is more rife with counterfeits than Ebay. Anyone can sell on Amazon too and you don't even have to pay listing fees.

Perhaps folks condemn the source because the source facilitates the crimes of criminals. I have repeatedly reported criminal acts, and eBay does zip. It's eBay policy, or so it tells me.

Back