Spyderco Fakes & Knock Offs Info

I agree, many of my 40+ Spydies have in fact come from ebay with little to no bad experiences.

I'm with cosmo. So far, best as I can recall, I have bought: 1 spyderco, 1 zt, 2 bm, and 1 Emerson off the eBay with 0 problems. You do, however, have to be careful. We all know there are some walking abortions that will try to rip you off.

What a shame. Any unsuspecting person looking to get a great deal on a great Spyderco would buy that up in a heart beat. I wish we could stop people like this.

It's a constant problem for "honest" knife companies, and other industries as well.

sal

this really sucks. i would hate for people to buy a fake, thinking it was the real deal and see the poor quality of the cheap chinese fake and be turned off to the real spyderco.

I'm actually VERY glad this thread is here. I thought it worth noting enough that I actually created an account to say thanks, since I was looking yesterday at Ebay FOR my first Spyderco. I'm sure I looked at many of those fakes, and some of them are well enough done that I'd never be able to tell. I'll be buying from a dealer I know and trust now, even if it is a bit more expensive, knowing that counterfeiting is as prominent as it apparently is. No cheap knock-offs for me, thanks!

I'm actually VERY glad this thread is here. I thought it worth noting enough that I actually created an account to say thanks, since I was looking yesterday at Ebay FOR my first Spyderco. I'm sure I looked at many of those fakes, and some of them are well enough done that I'd never be able to tell. I'll be buying from a dealer I know and trust now, even if it is a bit more expensive, knowing that counterfeiting is as prominent as it apparently is. No cheap knock-offs for me, thanks!

Welcome to the SPyderco forums @ bladeforums ;)

I don't now if this one has been mentioned forgive me if it has, but I just seen a Navigator knock off with camo handles at Lowe's over in Garland. It comes in a pack with a knock off Leatherman too! I think it's China made Co. is Apache if I remember correctly. It doesn't have a true round hole so I don't know if this one counts.

Some of these fakes are obvious, but some needed a double take. Thanks for posting these.

Boy am I sure glad I bought my SpyderCo from the actual company's website lOl - Man i'd be so mad if i ended up purchasing a fake one!!! :(

you guys saved me i almost bid on a really clever fake it was a para 2 that looked extremley real i caught this thread as i was about to confirm the bid i went back and read the "fine print" and the blade steel was 440 i really want to personaly thank the creator of this thread for keeping everyone educated on the crafty ways that people use i would post the auction but i dont know how Again THANK YOU !!!!!!!

you guys saved me i almost bid on a really clever fake it was a para 2 that looked extremley real i caught this thread as i was about to confirm the bid i went back and read the "fine print" and the blade steel was 440 i really want to personaly thank the creator of this thread for keeping everyone educated on the crafty ways that people use i would post the auction but i dont know how Again THANK YOU !!!!!!!

You are very welcome. I am very happy to see that I saved someone the gutwrenching feeling of being ripped off. The scammers are getting clever, but our community will always be a step ahead of these thieves. :)

This:

471ed52e.jpg

there getting very clever my friend almost too crafty personally i think everyone should see this before they go into buying more expensive knives spyderco or not , and again Thank you so much

Post more fakes! I need some good laughs. Where can I find a knife with the Crapmascus steel, I need a good joke knife.

Back