Spyderco Fakes & Knock Offs Info

Hi! I am newcomer on this forum! Have one question. Just bought spyderco dragonfly, everything looks perfect, sharp, frn, all the screws, but blade has Sal Glesser stamp, and in all reviews and photos there is no stamp.. Does anyboby has original blade with Sal's stamp or it's fake?

What do you mean?)) I also see nothing in google) i wil try to attach photo, but Im using phone - so it's difficult, stamp which usually pm2 has! S letter and pyramide with l.

Hi! I ... Sal's stamp or it's fake?
First. Welcome to BladeForums Vegetta.:thumbsup:
I think the "stamp" is his signature. He and his son have them and are their initials.
I'm not sure about what makes them fakes. You can see lots of stuff on YouTube about authentic compared to replica/fake/clone or whatever they call them in the videos. Also I recommend Spyderco's forum if you can't find what you are looking for here. And who knows, maybe you could ask Sal yourself.
Best luck in your quest.
Regards,
Drew

I think it's real.

I don't know if it's ok to write links on youtube on this forum, saw video on chanel
KIMO 365, clip named THE BEST EDC KNIFE REVIEW SPYDERCO DRAGONFLY 2 HOW SMALL IS TO SMALL. I can write a link, looks like it's a new production line or smth like that, there is a sign on a blade. All over photos and videos in internet without that sign. Looks like end of 2019/2020 production. Cause really good quality. I wrote to spyderco, but they didn't answered yet)) thinking they have more important things to do)))

Hi,
I bought this Pacific Salt from Amazon (Amazon itself, not Marketplace), and I found some details not matching to my other Spydercos:
  1. Box: position of the registered trademark symbol (®) behind the Spyderco.
  2. Box: missing white lines on the left and right side of the silver swoop.
  3. Box: font size on the side different.
  4. Knife: significant gap between blade and lock (but solid lockup, no blade play).
  5. Knife: edge of the spyderhole is pretty sharp and the inner ring has tool markings.
  6. Knife: the FRN is not as matte as on my Endela, it is a bit glossy.
Can anybody help me with this issue?

Wf011oy.jpg

6iAFYXw.jpg

jbCV8mE.jpg

XuMuuQk.jpg

AW10WF5.jpg

2irkAxc.jpg

aROT2UH.jpg

zguInbM.jpg

Nu6YByv.jpg

I have no problem with a rough made Spyderco, but I do have a problem with a fake and would return it.

Last edited:
Hmmm...I compared it to every pic I could find in the web and finally think it is the real deal. Anyone raise an objection?

Welcome on the forum @koyunstar . Sorry the pic quality of your photos is too poor, i cannot see **** :poop:. Judging from the poor quality of the photos i'd be on the safe side thinking that the knife is a fake. Please check the inside of the jimping with a magnifying glass. If still unsure what to look for, get a guaranteed original brandnew unit from another source (reputable: knifecenter, amazon, bladehq) in order to do a side by side comparison on your own, to learn what the genuine inside of the jimping should look like.
I know this is an older post, but I think Spyderco announced they terminated their relationship with Amazon due to Amazon's lack of enforcement in blocking counterfeits. Personally, I get the military discount and, in most cases, I buy my Spydercos directly from Spyderco.

I sold this on the auction site and the buyer has msg’d me that he doubts its autheticity.
Any thoughts?

DACF36EA-F93D-48BB-BDB6-8DFEA23753CD.jpeg 6DFA88CB-0111-4290-A5FC-DF18AA355B47.jpeg 58AF81C6-204E-401E-857D-CC2A834F9732.jpeg E6A1D47D-9824-4A0F-8482-C89F7235FDCB.jpeg 06E2E011-4D3A-4F0D-BDE4-9524AB0BA975.jpeg B2ADA28B-BBFB-401E-A33E-5F526292A6EE.jpeg C28950EB-1138-4602-96A9-761D6940CCEA.jpeg

No offense, but it is dubious to me that someone would assume something is fake, then disassemble it to look for reasons why that may be correct.

No offense, but it is dubious to me that someone would assume something is fake, then disassemble it to look for reasons why that may be correct.

I didn't assume it is fake. I am not 100% sure it is a real one. But I am not sure it's fake, either. I was granted permission by the seller to disassemble to see if there was anything that proved it either way. I am doing this to prevent a possibly wrong return.

No offense, but please stop making assumptions about someone you don't know and then post them in a public forum. Thank you.

Perhaps you could have included more details regarding your request for permission to disassemble from the seller, and your subsequent disassembly. Still, it would have been the first I've heard of such a scenario. It makes no sense to me. Did you ask him if it was fake? Did he not know? Did he tell you to take it apart so you both will know? I have no horse in the race here, I was just commenting in a thread on, as you say, a public forum. Good luck to you both.

Back