Spyderco/Farid K2

farid.

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Dear members,
I have received the very first Spyderco/Farid K2 collaboration knife today and wanted to post a couple of pics and talk a little about the quality/fit and finish of this knife.

But first I would like to take this opportunity and express my thanks and appreciations to Sal and Eric for believing in my K2 design, this collaboration truly is a dream come true. This is a very proud moment in my life and I am extremely happy that I have had the opportunity to collaborate with a company which I have respected throughout my knife making courier. I am going to enjoy this very special moment and remember it for the rest of my life.

Towards the end of this week or next week I will be testing this 10v K2 and I will be posting all pictures of the test.
Now the knife. Fit and finish is just perfect, the side plates have a light stonewash finish and a very smooth feel to them, the radius on top of the blade makes holding the knife very comfortable, it has my signature wave cut out on the lock bar which is the same as my custom versions, the grinding on this CPM®10v® is perfectly symmetrical. It is a comfortable knife to hold and use, in the next few days I hope to do some cutting tests and show the true nature of this knife.

Once again my deepest gratitude goes to Sal and Eric and everyone at Spyderco.

Farid Mehr
Knife maker

Wow that looks great Farid! Very nice blade shape, and comfy looking handle. Are they going into production? (Gotta start saving my pennies!)

Been quietly waiting for this to come out, and I want to get one and compare it to my custom K2. Congrats Farid!

That is gorgeous. It reminds me of chinook just in a framelock. Looks like a classic. Handle kind of like an ATR as well.
Tip up and I would buy one in a heart beat.

Last edited:
Looking good! Lots of excitement with spyderco fans on this. Congrats!

I remember that you had a sign-up sheet for this knife. What are the specs and price?
With Sal and Eric riding along, this should be a sure thing. Congrats.
Thanks,
very nice knife

Here are the specs:

Overall Length: 25,5 cm / 10.03 inches
Edge Length: 11,5 cm / 4.52 inches
Blade Length: 11,5 cm / 4.52 inches
Blade Thickness: 0,35 cm / 0.14 inches

Looks great.

Congrats Farid! Quite the accomplishment. I have some of your other knives. Can't wait to get one of these!

I only have one spyderco I kept from the early 90s I bought as a new knife early in my knife life... Now I will own a 2nd spyderco, gj Farid! Congrats :)

Well I guess my family won't be getting any Xmas or Bday presents this year :). I have to have this! That is one sexy beast of a blade!

Best knife ever is in the house!
Well, I can think of one tweak, but it's pretty minor. I like thick stop pins, and usually prefer them in the blade so that the contact surface doesn't build lint.
Like I said, minor.

That said, how thick is the stop pin on this one?

Back