Spyderco Flipper

Sal,

Thanks for the reply. I did not realize that both trace back to a Titan RIL's, G-10 scale, Carson style flipper model. When I saw the prototype picture it just reminded me of the other knife. I believe the Rick had a "spanto" blade which is a combination of spear and tanto. His latest generation now has a "slicer" grind as well which is meant to appeal to the customers that want more than just the thick blade. This style knife seems to be very popular and I am sure Spyderco will bring some innovative steels and features to it. I look forward to everything you guys come out with. Thanks again for the information and the reply.

I don't really see any similarity to the XM. I mean it's a framelock and a flipper with Ti and G10, but so are 1000 other folders. Style seems completely different to me, but that's just my opinion. Both are sweet though.

Could you email or pm me the link? I got my ZT 0561 yesterday and should get my 0560 tomorrow, I need a new knife obsession.

Definitely going to get one of these.

I might have missed it, but is this a Sprint or regular production piece?

The only thing I think needs a little work is the clip. Not that I wouldn't get it with the clip that is on it now, but I hope it will be Ti and finished like the lock side scale. I think the G-10 insert is a neat touch.

The only thing I think needs a little work is the clip. Not that I wouldn't get it with the clip that is on it now, but I hope it will be Ti and finished like the lock side scale. I think the G-10 insert is a neat touch.

I just hope that the g-10 lock stop isn't too thin.

This is gonna be one smooth folder!
[video=youtube;71DBFEnuhSw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71DBFEnuhSw&sns=em [/video]

One way clip? Oh come on Spyderco you CAN do better!
:(

In the end, the collaborators designs must be respected.

And for my money Spyderco does do better than any other production knife company out there :thumbup:

Back