Spyderco Flipper

Am sure I will pick one up.
But is the blade really only 3.3"
Was hoping for something closer to 4".

Keep it under 3.5" and I'll be happy! Wonder what street price is going to be on it though? :\

I've been wanting to try a flipper for a long time now. And considering I am a huge Spyderco fan, a Spydie flipper is perfect!

The Southard Folder should be sweet and should also be super smooth with the IKBS system, which is another thing I wanted to try out!

This is gonna be one smooth folder!
[video=youtube;71DBFEnuhSw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71DBFEnuhSw&sns=em [/video]

I was looking for this thread and I can't wait for it! Coming soon to a dealer near you...yet?

Is a G-10 stop going to be used?

I believe that's the intent.

There was some chatter and concern about the G10 lock stop not being strong enough...can't imagine that would be an issue though.

If its made in the USA... then shut up and take my money.

It's not. Taiwan made. Which, in my opinion, couldn't be a better place for it to be made. All of my Taiwan Spydies have outstanding fit and finish.

I believe that's the intent.

There was some chatter and concern about the G10 lock stop not being strong enough...can't imagine that would be an issue though.

LMAO. Who ever said that has quite obviously never tried to break G10 before. I doubt a human could exert enough force on that G10 lock stop (with their hands, at least) to break it.

Even just a millimeter thick piece of G-10 like that would be tough to break. No way you could get enough leverage on the lock bar.

On another note, the knife looks gorgeous. If its around $250 or less count me in.

I hope well under that. It is new and all, but the Para 2 with the same blade steel sold for $140. So maybe a $30 premium for blade steel. I am not completely familiar with the pivot system, but doesn't the Para have something similar? The only thing really comparable right now might be the Chowke (S30V Ti framelock x G10) around $125. So start with $125 + $30 for steel and another $10 or so (wild guess) for the flipper puts you around $160-$170? The flipper may be new to Spyderco, but it is not new overall, so it should not have been too expensive in the design and engineering phase. Also, if it goes full production that should lower the piece price vs if it were just a sprint. We will see, sometimes Spyderco's pricing is not consistent and logical like I just laid out, but it is coming from Tawain home of the $125 M4 GB.

Back