Spyderco Gayle Bradley 2

I did exactly the same thing at the Spyderco factory store. I messed with both GB1 and GB2 for about 15 minutes and I just couldn't like the GB1 it felt wrong in my hand, while the new GB2 felt as close to perfect as I could imagine, so I bought the GB2.

23404816743_113cb8cc9a_h.jpg

One thing I was very interested in was the sharpness of the edges of the liners. The liners on my GB1 slice my hands if carried in my right front pocket. The GB2 liners appear to be radiused just enough to do away with that problem.

.....The liners on my GB1 slice my hands if carried in my right front pocket...........

Really....anyone else had - their hands sliced - by their GB1.....
Mine packs and carrys while working in the bush or whatever activity I am doing, goes in and out of my pocket on carry clip without cutting up my hands......am I just lucky......

GentleDudes...the simple solution here is - Buy both :)

Believe me, I thought the same thing myself! :D I may end up owning both but decided to get one.

Part of my decision to get the GB1 was knowing that it was discontinued and it would be easier to get a GB2 down the road if I wanted one.

Mine arrived today. Action was initially a bit stiff (because it's cold outside and was sitting on the porch) but once it warmed up to room temp it feels great. I prefer it over the GB1. Both great knives though, no doubt.

Believe me, I thought the same thing myself! :D I may end up owning both but decided to get one.

Part of my decision to get the GB1 was knowing that it was discontinued and it would be easier to get a GB2 down the road if I wanted one.

Indeed a solid thought process!

Let me know when you get a GB2 :)

The older one calls to the younger one...

Closes with ease using the pad of the thumb, I find the GB2 to be easier to close than the GB1.

Here is a video I just shot...

[video=youtube;W-OfsAo1Gbs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-OfsAo1Gbs[/video]

Cameron

Awesome vid!

Thank you sir!

Just placed my order for a GB2. Now the wait.....grrr

Pretty stoked about this one, though, and my last official knife purchase of 2015!

I know the Gayle Bradley series is billed as a "hard use" knife and is not a "toy", but my GB2 is remarkably painful to unlock. I chamfered the locking liner a little bit which hasn't provided as much relief as I though. I really wish they would have made it a little more comfortable.

10261096_770640919707574_1545488826_n.jpg

After seeing the above - I buzzed over to HQ, called them - mine is on the way :)

Cancelled the pre-order with KW - looking forward to getting this one here!

Cameron loving these photos! I need to hurry and master my SM so I can sharpen my own without ruining it!

You guys are killing me! I have had the original Gayle Bradley for awhile... and have been following this thread, trying to resist... order placed! :eek:

Of course, I've had my original GB out a few nights lately. Checking it, oiling it... :rolleyes:

Got mine tonight. It's very nice. I prefer the ergos to the GB1. The lock has a bit less spring tension and is easier to disengage. But I also find the GB1 lock easy to disengage. The thumb jimping doesn't extend as far unfortunately. It's not as beefy as the original but it's probably a better EDC. Nice job Spyderco.

Didn't own a gb1 but got the gb2. No real complaints from me. My dad wasn't into the lock disengagement or the slightly covered spydie hole. Hes a bit old school though and just retired his endura from like 93 last year.

Back