Spyderco Gayle Bradley 2

My GB1 is the older version with solid liners as well. The weight difference between it and the new model is significant. I don't feel this one shaking around in my pocket with my movements, which annoys me.

Just set mine up with some sage peel ply g10. Brought the scales out to the liners and drilled a lanyard hole. This won't leave my pocket for a good while.

Amazing!!! My original like yours has solid liners. I really love the GB2 as well though. Great work on yours!!!

Just received mine today. First impressions are its was pretty smooth out of the box will no doubt get smoother. I like the ergo's more then the 1. Little skimpy on the jimping but still does the trick. I had no problem disengaging the lock on the 1 but I find the 2 much easier. As far as no lanyard hole I just tied Paracord to the bottom stand off the same as a Sebenza 25. Plenty of room between the blade and cord. Overal very impressed will probaly kick my sebby's out of my pocket for a little while atleast.

I'm now very interested in the GB2. I might pick one up after I get a few other purchases. Looks like a good value to me!

Got my 2 today! I think I like it more just because it fits my hand better. It's a little harder to middle finger flick and the lock bar closing is about the same, which for me is no problem at all. Definitely going to be an edc staple.

Just received mine. I like it. I find the ergos great and it's very easy to open and close one handed. I'm impressed!

24196175721_6f8d215943_b.jpg

23651885883_810f6dc4a4_b.jpg

I preordered this knife on 6/25 from knifeworks and forgot about it. I received it today and it was a very pleasant surprise.

I prefer this knife to the GB1, it fits my hand better, it feels better balanced and slimmer. The GB1 was fine knife but kind of a brick. This version is definitely a winner and Spyderco did an amazing job.

I really want to pick one of these up. It's at the top of my list, second only to the S110V Manix.

Ah this was the knife I was most looking forward to Spyderco releasing. The quality and fit and finish is outstanding and for $125-$135 it is a hard deal to pass up. All that being said, I will be putting mine back on the market as my grip just doesn't jive with the ergos. Maybe it is because I have been EDCing a Nakamura but I just can't seem to find that "happy place". Others have said the GB1 is more ergonomic and something tells me its funky design has some ergonomic surprises waiting to discover.

This was also, probably, the new for 2015 design I looked forward to the most. I always liked the idea of the original, but thought it looked plain silly, especially the choil (almost dangerous looking to me) and the blade hump (and I'm not usually one to find fault with a Spyderco because of its Spyderco looks). I think the new version is one of the most classic looking knives I've seen. I do wish it still had the heavy liners, and maybe more of a scallop for easier unlocking (like the Chokwe or Sage 1, NOT the Southard style cutout). I'm still really hoping to and looking forward to picking one up.

From just looking at them, I prefer the 1, but from the specs the 2. I guess some of us just are hard to please, but I really like the choil/ricasso on the 1. A good design for close and precise work.

I really like the 1, but 2 might be my favorite in a short time. I like the slimmer, lighter, more rounded feel of the 2 and its a very nice knife. But, since I have both I will use both, the one might become my go to work knife.

I really like the 1, but 2 might be my favorite in a short time. I like the slimmer, lighter, more rounded feel of the 2 and its a very nice knife. But, since I have both I will use both, the one might become my go to work knife.

I have yet to try the GB2 out, but I have a feeling that I'd quickly settle into the GB1 used for hard use/work knife, and the GB2 for after-work carry.

Not gonna lie. The thought of Bradley continuity work-to-leisure is pretty tempting. :thumbup:

Got the 2 in and after several days of use and I think its another very well made Taichung Spydie and have no doubt it will be popular.

However I've come to the conclusion that I like the GB1 better..without the choil/ricasso the GB2 seems like a totally different knife. For me the handle/choil/ricasso makes the GB1 the winner.

Interestingly its only been out of production for about 3 months but the prices on the GB1 have already went up..glad now I got a spare right after it went into discontinued status.

Back