Spyderco Gayle Bradley 2

Meatmote and brvheart, sent you both visitor msg as I can't name the dealer here.
Unfortunately its now on back order there, says more due early jan.

Mine finally showed up today. I love it. To me the shape of the blade is perfect. I do wish the hole wasn't partially blocked by the handle, but it's still easy to open and smooth. As with the GB1 I'm not a fan of the scales. Nothing Spketch can't fix though

I just did a preorder with KW. I've been waiting for the knife a long time; a couple more weeks won't matter much to me. I am just HOPING that the lack of a finger choil will not be bothersome...I do like a choil.

Meatmote and brvheart, sent you both visitor msg as I can't name the dealer here.
Unfortunately its now on back order there, says more due early jan.

Me thinks that is another paid for benefit :-/

Thank you for sending it - I'll have to get creative here with making friends and being in contact I think :)

Me thinks that is another paid for benefit :-/

Thank you for sending it - I'll have to get creative here with making friends and being in contact I think :)

You can leave a "visitor message" or send an email (if the user made that available) by visiting a user's profile.

Is there a ballpark date available for KW's restocking of the GB2? I don't mind waiting, but I am curious.

Last edited:
Has anyone checked if their Gayle Bradley 2 has the pivot bushing or not? I feel like I haven't heard anywhere about whether it does or not.

Has anyone checked if their Gayle Bradley 2 has the pivot bushing or not? I feel like I haven't heard anywhere about whether it does or not.

According the new Spyderco catalog, the core features were left in-tact. A few have chimed in that the action did feel as smooth, so I would say it's a safe bet.

Mine finally showed up today. I love it. To me the shape of the blade is perfect. I do wish the hole wasn't partially blocked by the handle, but it's still easy to open and smooth. As with the GB1 I'm not a fan of the scales. Nothing Spketch can't fix though

How is the CLOSING part though? That seems to be the key with this knife, as some have said it was a bit tough on the GB1. Does this one close easier, or without issue and/or pain?

How is the CLOSING part though? That seems to be the key with this knife, as some have said it was a bit tough on the GB1. Does this one close easier, or without issue and/or pain?

Closes with ease using the pad of the thumb, I find the GB2 to be easier to close than the GB1.

Here is a video I just shot...

[video=youtube;W-OfsAo1Gbs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-OfsAo1Gbs[/video]

Cameron

Last edited:
Very smooth action by the way, similar to the original. And since I just recieved this air in for a rescale, a full family photo:

Hey, at least two of those look familiar! I'm glad you got a family shot, I really like how these are all "distinctly Gayle" knives.

Mine just came in and it's quite stiff. I imagine like my Slysz Bowie, the culprit is an overly tightened pivot.

Update: loosening the pivot did help, although the way it changes the action makes me think that there's no pivot bushing. This could also explain why the price is lower than the GB1.

Last edited:
What do you anticipate the price to increase to on Jan. 1st?

The price won't go up at most retailers. Several are already selling the GB2 at the 40% discount (as well as other models). Anywhere that is currently selling it for less than $139, will either need to charge more or need to at least advertise a higher price.

The price won't go up at most retailers. Several are already selling the GB2 at the 40% discount (as well as other models). Anywhere that is currently selling it for less than $139, will either need to charge more or need to at least advertise a higher price.
This is why I pre-ordered at that price before it went up. Awaiting mine to get here :)

I have never owned a Gayle Bradley and was waiting for the GB2 to come out so I could compare the two and get the one I liked better.

Today I had the opportunity to handle the GB1 and GB2 side by side at a retailer, and although I liked both, I found that I preferred the GB1. Beefier liners and slightly better ergos. Easy purchase decision. It's a beautiful knife and I'm really happy with it.

The GB2 is definitely decent, just thinner and just not quite as robust as the GB1, IMHO. YMMV

Back