Spyderco Gayle Bradley Nightstick Boot Knife

V-1

Talk about a pleasant surprise!
Just saw this on Knifecenter and it was an instant preorder. A 4" blade under 4 oz with a sheath/G-Clip set up. This just screams easy, discrete carry. Not to mention the beautiful grind lines and general symmetry of the design. A beautifully efficient design.
I'm curious to see if this has that wicked Gayle Bradley grind. My Advocate gen 2 is by far the sharpest Spyderco I've seen come out of Taiwan.
All around stoked for this piece. Thank you Spyderco team and Mr. Bradley.

Yeah, it looks like it would take short work to put a finished edge on it.

It is a great looking knife, but after I saw the handle was/is just as thin as the Junction, and the smooth buffed G10 it’s a no go. Yes it’s a small boot knife and I get it, but I prefer a larger and fatter handle, that’s not slippery. Don’t need it slipping out of your hand in actual usage, or a life or death scenario.

Neat design, but it really bugs me that the "hole" is located on one of the "edges", rather than in the middle of the tang.
They do that so in the dark, low light, cant look at hand, you can tell which edge to cut with. On a symmetrical handled knife it is a functional feature, not just for looks.

The combat smatchets with symmetrical handles often did this, even when both edges were sharpened because you could use a different angle on each side, and tell them apart, even in the dark. Keener more delicate edge for one task, steeper more robust edge for hard chopping chores.

It is a great looking knife, but after I saw the handle was/is just as thin as the Junction, and the smooth buffed G10 it’s a no go. Yes it’s a small boot knife and I get it, but I prefer a larger and fatter handle, that’s not slippery. Don’t need it slipping out of your hand in actual usage, or a life or death scenario.

Agree, I don't understand why he designs his handles so thin (unless it is to save money). I own the Bradley Bowie and the handle scales are way too thin (almost like a kitchen knife).

I've used a Junction and I think the handle design will work well for this knife. The thinner polished handle will carry and draw easily.

They do that so in the dark, low light, cant look at hand, you can tell which edge to cut with. On a symmetrical handled knife it is a functional feature, not just for looks.

The combat smatchets with symmetrical handles often did this, even when both edges were sharpened because you could use a different angle on each side, and tell them apart, even in the dark. Keener more delicate edge for one task, steeper more robust edge for hard chopping chores.

Ah..I did not know that. It makes sense.

I guess you really do learn something new every day.

Back