Spyderco General Chat Thread

fwiw... Today is my Black & Tan Para day. Thank you, Eric.
I need to carry this folder more often.
rolf

You have a Black & Tan PM2?
I've got one as well, from a blade swap I just did about a month ago... just put the black & tan lanyard on it from the PPT Sprint as well cuz I thought it matched better.

Yup!^ I knew a Red and Black Para would be futile.
Can you post a pic?

Here is a photo for you. Was taken before the black/brown lanyard.
2015-04-06%2003.36.25_zpsgz0l9vz4.jpg

2015-04-06%2002.18.27_zpsqgh07fij.jpg

Man! Black and Brown is such a great color combination!
Thanks for the pix.
rolf

Okay, the Milie thread has me wondering.

Cruwear versus M4. How do they compare in y'all's experience? Not necessarily looking for a winner between the two, just a comparison between the two metals. I really like M4, but I've heard good things about Cruwear.

So what, if any, can you gentlemen tell me 'bout the two?

Okay, the Milie thread has me wondering.

Cruwear versus M4. How do they compare in y'all's experience? Not necessarily looking for a winner between the two, just a comparison between the two metals. I really like M4, but I've heard good things about Cruwear.

So what, if any, can you gentlemen tell me 'bout the two?

That's a pretty good question. And one I'd like to read about. Perhaps your question would be better served having it's own thread. The reason I say this is because I wanted to talk a little bit about that Black and Tan PM2 up the thread a bit, but feel that if I did, this question could get lost in the chat. I wouldn't want to do that to you, because it would be like I ignored you. :D

Well there you go. That's a great place to start! Thanks Tom!

ETA: Forgot that I'd actually read that thread a few months back. It seems to confirm my initial suspicions on the two steels. At this point for my purposes, I reckon I'll stick with my M4 GBs. I'm hoping to pick up one of the first-generation, higher-hardness models.

Can't wait for the GB2!

Last edited:
Well there you go. That's a great place to start! Thanks Tom!

ETA: Forgot that I'd actually read that thread a few months back. It seems to confirm my initial suspicions on the two steels. At this point for my purposes, I reckon I'll stick with my M4 GBs. I'm hoping to pick up one of the first-generation, higher-hardness models.

Can't wait for the GB2!

You are welcome. After I posted my comment regarding a new thread, I said to myself, "I think there already is a thread on that." LOL

I need to get my GB. I want the GB1, then later I'll get the GB2. I guess I need to move on it pretty quickly.

Ok, quick poll. If you could only own one Dragonfly, which and why? I'm torn between the ZDP-189, Super blue, and G10 model. I was planning on getting the SE Salt [Drgaonfly], however, I bought a Tasman SE. I'm not a steel junkie, so I've been really eyeballing the G10 version. Thoughts, opinions? Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm really on a G10 kick and/or CF these days, so I'll pick the Foliage G10 Dragonfly. Yeah...

The G10 DF2 is a great knife, but IMO a hair over priced. I was on the hunt for the Delica G10 as well, since I love Foliage Green and G10 (and the Delica!), but the secondary market prices totally turned me off and I kind of gave up.
I think now unconciously I like FRN better for some select knives, and the DF2 is one of them...
I've got a G10 and a Super Blue if you wanted to check them out side by side in person. Just shoot me a text. I've been thinking of getting one of the purple ones as well, but other things have come before it recently (like vehicle mods and bike stuff!)

There's a pic of Foliage G10:
2015-03-27%2019.58.47_zpsn36epkbd.jpg

2015-03-23%2017.43.41_zpsbsh1k9zi.jpg

And Aogami Super Blue:
2015-04-08%2019.13.08_zpsjzmhdj1p.jpg

when it was still fresh before patina:
2015-02-08%2022.52.28_zpsd4htekds.jpg

Thanks for the pics, Dave. I think I like the look of the G10.

No prob. Yeah the G10 definitely looks and feels great. I just typically carry a larger more significant blade along with the DF2, so at that point lighter weight in a front change pocket is more desirable.
Hopefully you can find a deal on one somewhere.

I just like the DF2 blade shape. It has that "talon" look to it, which really sets it apart from other blades in the same size. I was thinking of picking up 2 of the G10s and 2 of the FRNs at some point. One for each family member.

Anyone else thinking of getting a Squarehead?
I saw another user mentioned he preordered one today and his particular dealer supposedly said they'd be in next week...

I don't have a Dogtag, but this little Squarehead seems to interest me more.

Back